• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Mansfield Town

Let’s be fair, these are a good side playing with some intensity, they’ve had a couple of good chances mainly coming from us not clearing it effectively.

We’ve had one really good chance and thats about our only venture forward other than a shot from Taylor.

Yet, despite that we are level. I wouldn’t describe us as terrible. We’ve certainly not played well but I’m not looking at us in the same was as when we played Carlisle at the start of the season. A few tweaks at half time, cut out the errors and there’s a game to be had here.

Our midfield hasn’t really performed well, can’t really remember a prolonged period of possession. We’re missing JD’s dynamism for me today, a lot of the work he does goes unnoticed but I feel he gives us a real foothold in the game.

Tighten up blues, battle and take your chances!! Up the shrimpers !!!!

Delighted to be 0-0 after that first half performance. Struggling to keep possession. We look short on confidence when we have the ball which is surprising given our recent good run.

Would agree that bringing Clifford on might be a good shout as Hart isn’t the best defensively but he does offer something further up the pitch. Bringing ANG on to win a few free kicks in dangerous areas might be worth a try especially if Clifford is on the pitch.

Interesting stat from iFollow for those not watching. Southend clearances 31, Mansfield clearances 3.

As others have said, I don't see the value of Halford so far. Also Sam Hart is looking stretched again. I'm very pleased that Mansfield's finishing is crap so far. Surely we will compete more in the second half and start being first to 50/50 balls. Nevertheless, still 0-0.

We are second to the ball on nearly every occasion, very little pressing, missing what Olayinka and even Egbri best does hassling. We look a bit tired in comparison. Maybe a change formation needed or the hairdryer at half time. Weve been "mullerized "!

Hoping for a game of 2 halves, maybe wind in our favour a bit second half. plus ANG, Clifford and Acquah at some stage, possibly earlier

Back