• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United looking to sign QPR striker on month-to-month loan deal

I believe the majority of these sort of deals usually result in the parent club (in this case QPR) paying the players wages if he plays, and the borrowing club (us) paying the wages if he doesnt. If its along these lines it makes sense to do a month to month deal so we are not lumbered with the wages if he's not playing but was taken for a season. In respect of Dennis, I believe hes initially he's seen as an impact sub when the opposition are tiring. The way we used to use mcglashan. Not sure about Kargbo

Last edited:
The month to month thing may well be at the request of QPR, If Kargbo is sat on the bench or not making the squad they may recall him and send him elswwhere

This seems unlikely to me. QPR have already let him train with us for over a month (potentially longer than his loan spell might be!) and could just be dealt with by way of a recall clause.

I think players at this level are still limited to the number of clubs they can appear for in a year but does anyone know for sure?

I think its pretty clear Brown isnt 100% sold on Kargbo, which makes it all the odder we've courted him for so long. But constantly says "hes not ready", "will be an impact sub", "sometimes wont make the bench" etc.... hardly great for the lads confidence!

So not surprised for all parties to see a month-to-month loan. I suspect he's in till something better comes along.

I believe the majority of these sort of deals usually result in the parent club (in this case QPR) paying the players wages if he plays, and the borrowing club (us) paying the wages if he doesnt. If its along these lines it makes sense to do a month to month deal so we are not lumbered with the wages if he's not playing but was taken for a season. In respect of Dennis, I believe hes initially he's seen as an impact sub when the opposition are tiring. The way we used to use mcglashan. Not sure about Kargbo

Plus if they get injured you have to pay their full wages whilst they are out.

Happened with Elliot Lee when he injured himself in the first training session with us and was out fro 3 months. At the time big Sam was the West Ham manager so they let us off the bill.

I think its pretty clear Brown isnt 100% sold on Kargbo, which makes it all the odder we've courted him for so long. But constantly says "hes not ready", "will be an impact sub", "sometimes wont make the bench" etc.... hardly great for the lads confidence!

So not surprised for all parties to see a month-to-month loan. I suspect he's in till something better comes along.
It is just possible Kargbo turns out much better than PB anticipates.

Its actually a good idea to try even potential loanees before you sign them. Who was that lad from Spurs last season, so ineffective I have forgotten his name. If we could have had a proper look at him it would have never happened.

do we need another lad like the one we have just released .A month to month gives the club to send him back if he does not perform rather than have him on a years contract that we are stuck with yet again

Oh great...get in an Acquah just as useless replacement and release Holmes a quality player whatever the bitter and twisted Ron lovers say.

How long before Phil walks, Martin will never change hence we are now a mid table Conference side. Holmes wants to be here but Ron has only got a cup of tea and a ham roll for the QPR static tree....unbelievable how he gets away with turning a League one well supported side in to a cheap old pile of averageness!

Last edited:
Its actually a good idea to try even potential loanees before you sign them. Who was that lad from Spurs last season, so ineffective I have forgotten his name. If we could have had a proper look at him it would have never happened.
It seems to be a new trend among the people arranging loans at higher level clubs to do this at the moment as well so that they can get an idea of whether the loanee will fit into the loaning clubs squad and how much they might play.

Back