• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United given go-ahead to pay £300,000 to football creditors

Who, exactly are the Football related creditors, and does it include our staff?

Why is everything at the moment so half baked without decent details? Christ, I'm grumpy!
Surely everything is a football related creditor. The only business of Southend United is football, therefore (in my simple head) everything is a football related debt??

Would really like the Echo or the club to give a list of all the debts and justification as to why it is / isn't a football related debt. More for us simple folk who will be outside Mr Martins house tomorrow with the pitch forks.

Surely this is the logical way forward.

HMRC need SUFC to survive to get paid, for the club to survive we need to maintain our League presence, need to retain the players. So paying creditors will facilitate this process…

Next steps?

Lift the embargo, meaning the club is a sustainable (as possible) asset. This will drive a potential sale, but in the interim the squad need to be strengthened.

Hopefully so common sense will prevail, the club is sold. Salary’s are are then the responsibility of the new owners, potentially back dated.

Stumbling block is the value of the club and what goes with it? RH? B&L? FF development? Surely the former two must form part of the transfer of assets?

Mind boggling

Does anyone know whether this means we’ll be free of the National League sanctions for now and the season can begin of sorts?

Will we then be under less pressure to get the sale sorted?

I kinda liked the deadline cos it’s all doing my head in.

Thanks for that @BoyWonder2, I'm now a lot wiser. Wouldn't it have been nice if that had been part of the Echo article though.
You'd think it would have been something they would have normally done. The Echo loves a bit of copy and paste to flesh out an article.

Does this mean the umbongo will be lifted so we can at least sign some players from Canvey Island bench just to fill the squad?

Told u everything is working its self out! Players are training and playing,embargo be gone soon and new owners! We never go under!!

I don't quite get this. The court has allowed money to be released from our accounts - which means there is money in our accounts. I'd have thought that if a court was releasing money, they'd prioritise HMRC (who have petitioned against us)?

I don't quite get this. The court has allowed money to be released from our accounts - which means there is money in our accounts. I'd have thought that if a court was releasing money, they'd prioritise HMRC (who have petitioned against us)?
I think (?) the NL prioritize club players & management, before the HMRC?. And hopefully the long suffering club staff as well.

Back