• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United consortium ‘risk taking on club with no assets’

How does this even work.

So they will own the club. What is the club. The name and players contracts etc?

What's to stop Ron barring the club from playing at roots hall and leaving "the club" homeless.

Will the consortium have to sign a lease agreement for X amount of years.

Can the consortium still renovate or will they even want to.

Surely, owning roots hall is the key to success. I'm not sure I see how this works.
I believe the sale comes with a lease to play at RH for up to 25 years or when POSU assumes ownership.

You are right would you want to spend excessively on a stadium you don’t yet own. That said if it a repairing lease basis you would have to spend enough to maintain it. Spending enough to make parts of the ground we can fill would probably make commercial sense. As would certain refurbishment that would allow increased hospitality income and would pay for itself. And pop up type hospitality a las Ebbsfleet would be a low cost high return option?

I'll just lurk then. Just want to listen and learn.
You're very welcome to lurk, and express the odd opinion on:
  • whether Jack Bridge should get his crosses in earlier,
  • the quality of the catering,
  • what lurks behind the door of the first cubicle in the West Stand gents toilets,
  • who out of Bart or Flavs was the better 'keeper.
Just keep it free of politics please!

You're very welcome to lurk, and express the odd opinion on:
  • whether Jack Bridge should get his crosses in earlier,
  • the quality of the catering,
  • what lurks behind the door of the first cubicle in the West Stand gents toilets,
  • who out of Bart or Flavs was the better 'keeper.
Just keep it free of politics please!
Grand, fair enough!

Also where you sit under your real name of Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F’tang-F’tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel
I'm more Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northcott Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) 'We'll keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) 'Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith

I believe the sale comes with a lease to play at RH for up to 25 years or when POSU assumes ownership.

You are right would you want to spend excessively on a stadium you don’t yet own. That said if it a repairing lease basis you would have to spend enough to maintain it. Spending enough to make parts of the ground we can fill would probably make commercial sense. As would certain refurbishment that would allow increased hospitality income and would pay for itself. And pop up type hospitality a las Ebbsfleet would be a low cost high return option?
Surely if you lease it the onus maybe obligation is on the landlord to maintain the premises, and we know the current owner doesn't do that and doesn't want to do that going forward. I am glad it isn't my decision

Then what happens if we do not get the ground in the end, we would need to find a new home or a new land lord or maybe build a new ground? Those issues are further a field short term we need a solution and so far today things have been positive

Surely if you lease it the onus is on the landlord to maintain the premises, and we know the current owner doesn't do that and doesn't want to do that going forward. I am glad it isn't my decision
Oh, I see you have wisely never been in the pub industry!!

Commercial leases tend to be on a full repairing basis- the lessee maintains and is often then treated to a big bill at the end even if they believe they have complied!

Surely if you lease it the onus maybe obligation is on the landlord to maintain the premises, and we know the current owner doesn't do that and doesn't want to do that going forward. I am glad it isn't my decision

Then what happens if we do not get the ground in the end, we would need to find a new home or a new land lord or maybe build a new ground? Those issues are further a field short term we need a solution and so far today things have been positive
No, commercial leases it's more normal for tenant to maintain

Oh, I see you have wisely never been in the pub industry!!

Commercial leases tend to be on a full repairing basis- the lessee maintains and is often then treated to a big bill at the end even if they believe they have complied!
Still worries me at 150k per year, think thats what Tom and Ron said it cost per year to maintain. However as i say lots of positives today so fingers crossed

Back