• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Sutton United

The last time we looked threatening from corners, was probably about 20 years ago when we had the likes of Sir Adam and Peter Clarke. I wonder if the awful slope up to the corners at RH doesn’t help with a good delivery.
Miley can deliver a good corner but he never gets to take them.

You need a player who is comfortable on the ball, also not bullied off the ball. Players like Morton and Crowther look way too lightweight for me and Sutton found them out .. that's not to say they won't improve this side of their games. It's a big step up. Also having the experience to not panic - the panic even spread to Taylor on Sat. Definitely need to recruit there even if a loan I feel (though Kev isn't keen on loans).
I'm firmly convinced that Taylor was suffering from Rambo headband removal. When a similar piece of apparel was stretched onto Pepple's bonce he gave as good as he got against the gorilla masquerading as a defender.

He does i have seen him in the Spread with one on..IYKYK :Smile2:

True story… went hospitality the season before last. Got in the lift at the main entrance & my name is on the welcome list, posted up on the wall along with everyone else who was in hospitality that day.

Small child with his dad is also in the lift with us, no more than 7-8 years old I would guess, points the name out & confidently says in front of everyone… that’s not the real NP.

The party with me at the time are quite an unforgiving bunch, so you can imagine that’s stuck around for a while.

I tell ya, I’ve been called some things in my time, but to be labelled as ‘not the real NP’ is absolutely the worst of the lot 😂😂😂

Was at the game but when you watch the highlights you think well , Sutton are useless and surely we will win 4-0…..and then the keystone cops turn up🥸
Think it was made to look worse than it actually was?
I was there - he was shocking!!!
If we get rid of Kev who you gonna bring in.....I have some names, Kevin Bond, Phil Brown, Sol Campbell all far superior Managers to Kev!!!
There is a ready made enthusiastic /attacking manager in waiting…Mr Currie, would be so much better under him

Back