• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We were stunned when Ranger re emerged for the second half...we were then double shocked when he had a further 30 minutes before the hook,Fortune should have replaced him at ht without question.
Surprised Brown did not see that. We would have got a point at least if we had kept the ball on the ground instead of relying on Ranger to win the ball in the air all the time.

First 20 minutes was some of the best football we have played all season. Balls to feet, first touch lay-offs, Lenny was everywhere, MK Dons couldn't keep hold of the ball at all, and and it was only a matter of time before we scored. Sadly we left our shooting boots at home, and once we tired a little, we resorted to long balls. Especially once we went behind.

19 attempts on goal, only 2 on target and one of those was the penalty. The other was Lenny's shot from the edge of the box. That is why we lost. MK Dons had a good 15 minute spell just after the break, and scored 2 and could of had more.

We didn't hit the target with many many chances. They did with the few they had.

"We didn't hit the target with many many chances. They did with the few they had."

That's exactly what I said to my good lady. Her observations were that we didn't seem to have any real tactics - and the ball-boys looked very smart!

So what's the feelings about Ranger yesterday - obviously carrying a knock, the occasion got to him....A N OTHER ?

I cannot understand why Ranger is either injured or unfit so often. Personally I have been disappointed with what I have seen of him so far.

You are correct ,Robinson did stamp on his foot but the guy was being a total di*k pushing and shoving Robinson whilst jostling for position for the penalty and deserved a dig .....having said that ,Robinson was very fortunate none of the officials saw it.

So what's the feelings about Ranger yesterday - obviously carrying a knock, the occasion got to him....A N OTHER ?

He wasn't at his best at Chesterfield, watch his reaction when Will was brought down for the penalty. Just a thought but I remember April was the date for his two co-defendants go on trial, after which he will be sentenced.

I cannot understand why Ranger is either injured or unfit so often. Personally I have been disappointed with what I have seen of him so far.
18 months out of the game completely, pre-season disrupted by injury, a couple of knocks and injuries, a month out suspended in January, I'm surprised he's lasted this long. Get a full pre-season in him after a good break over the summer and next season could be a different story.

He wasn't at his best at Chesterfield, watch his reaction when Will was brought down for the penalty. Just a thought but I remember April was the date for his two co-defendants go on trial, after which he will be sentenced.
Their trial begins 24th April.

Not a huge amount to add to what’s already been posted, I thought we had an excellent starting 20 minutes, when it looked only a matter of time before we scored, but then when we didn’t heads seemed to go down.

There seems little doubt that Ferdinand was very far off being fully fit, and it seemed odd that he persisted in going forward for set pieces when he then struggled massively to get back into position afterwards. He misplaced lots, and was guilty of a suicidal moment in the first half which needed a goal line clearance to save us.

I love Timlin, but he is not a left back, came inside too often leaving the back exposed, but still pulled off some cracking challenges and gave it his all, as ever.

The whole team looked off the pace to be honest, Lenny in particular looked very frustrated as a throw on the West side in the second half came to nothing (again), throwing his hands up in annoyance and trudging back to play, instead of racing back as you would usually expect.

McLaughlin looked most unhappy and bemused to be subbed, but I was less surprised, having watched him kick the ball into his own face a few minutes before. He had a poor game by his standards, and played the wrong ball across goal on more than one occasion to where no-one was waiting.

Fortune should have been given longer, and I maintain that he is a class act all over the pitch. If we were saving him for some late season heroics, then that gamble may have backfired, as it is by no means certain now that we will have much of a late season for him to perform them in.

Before the game, I was delighted with the line-up, which is exactly what I’d have picked, but as previously mentioned, the strongest team on paper is only as good as fitness and injuries allow, and I fear for us if the season does go on any longer.

Of course the season isn’t over, and of course we can still make the playoffs, but we did look tired and seemed to lack some of the fire necessary to mount (and then maintain) a serious challenge.

Whatever happens now, I still think on balance we’ve had a good season, and would be very hopeful of great things next year if we can retain the core of this excellent squad and add a bit more strength in depth.

Demetriou has been **** poor the last few games. His performances have been getting worse over the season. There is a good player in there but his confidence seems shot to bits. Unfortunately his slip Saturday could cost us dear.

I'm not trying to just bash Demetriou because plenty of the other players were poor but I just think for some reason Demetriou has been getting worse game by game.

John white offers much more defensively and can also get forward. If and when he is fit he should be given another shot at right back.

I'm not for blaming players who slip over. Hardly his fault, really. I'd be more concerned if he had been lazy tracking back or gave a suicidal pass when he didn't need to.

Of course, as I mentioned on the highlights thread, he did superbly to get across and clear that one off the line in the first half.

Maybe we should look at why we keep watering the pitch at half-time.

I am really struggling with Timlin this season. I've said it before, he is a fantastic servant to the club and you can never question his work rate. That being said I am sick of seeing him get the ball and play a long lofted ball to nowhere with no pace on it at all. Honestly it bugs me so much! grrrrrrrrrr. I would love to know the stat's on how many times he does it every game and I would honestly say that 9/10 balls are shocking and are easily won by the oppo's defence. Bring back Coker, and yes I know he's not a left back but he does this in midfield too.

I'm not for blaming players who slip over. Hardly his fault, really. I'd be more concerned if he had been lazy tracking back or gave a suicidal pass when he didn't need to.

Of course, as I mentioned on the highlights thread, he did superbly to get across and clear that one off the line in the first half.

Maybe we should look at why we keep watering the pitch at half-time.
Yes,Demetriou was unfortunate to slip ,he had a decent game and seems to be an easy scapegoat.

I'm not a big Atkinson fan,but Browns big mistake was taking him off when we were 1 down but had every chance of getting level and ahead.Robinson on for McL was an obvious one as the latter is lacking confidence and when we were well on top first half,most of our best attacks fizzled out when they reached him in space on the left.With McG on for Atkinson,we lost our shape and rhythm completely and their 2nd soon followed.

Back