• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 21st September, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • James Morton

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • George Wind

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 7 15.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
The middle of three consecutive away games sees us travel to the midlands to face Solihull Moors and after two consecutive defeats the game, if not a must win, definitely has the feel of “must not lose” about it.

The game against Andy Whing’s side is, on paper, the trickiest of the three away games as they’re only one place outside the play-offs (on goal difference) having won their last two games.

For those intending to travel to the West Midlands you should definitely have a read of @DoDTS ‘s excellent thread which tells you all you need to know about the practical details.

Kev needs to decide whether to stick with the same side that had the disappointing result against Fylde or whether to mix things up - potentially he could switch Bridge to LWB and drop Gubbins leaving space for Pepple to start alongside Bonne. Or perhaps hand a first start to Appiah-Forson in midfield.

So who would you choose to start and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Gubbins out, Bridge LWB and Pepple in. If he plays Bonne upfront on his own again I will despair.

Defence also looks stronger with Ralph as a CB. Hopefully Walker in the bench maybe?

Collin
Taylor Crowther Ralph
GSM Morton KAF Moncur Bridge
Bonne Bim
Unpopular opinion but would rest Noor for this one. He has looked a little jaded last few games and not really firing on all cylinders. I rate Gubbins (unlike some), but think Ralph at LCB gives us more stability.
Exact team I've picked too. KAF will give us energy in midfield, something we are sorely lacking.

it won't happen but i think we need to try a tactical shift to get a better tune out of the current squad, i've gone for a 4231 as follows:

Collin

GSM
Taylor
Crowther
Ralph

Morton
KAF

Wood
Moncur
Bridge

Pepple

get wood and bridge high up the pitch and pressing with Pepple as a 3 , full backs getting up to support the attack to create wide overloads with Morton/KAF filling in, and give Moncur some players running into the channels he can hopefully hit.

WE don't have ggod record against them + they're where we should be in the playofs+I've seen all our games this season -even giving up an Espanyol game on Sat to see us instead (they won 3-1! ). :Sorry:

It is a little concerning we've got a touch of everton'itus'. Go 1-0 up and teams think 'we've got them now' and go at us hard towards the the end of each half. All very predictable, a bit like our style and substitutipns . It would be so refreshing to take Solihull by surprise with a 4 at the back, 2 up top style and take them apart, but kev comes out in a rash just thinking about changing from a 352.

Bridge not playing LWB has hurt us massively. The whole set-up for the team was based around that pattern of play. It was so productive last season and up there with the best attacking stats in the league.

Even this season, we've only looked more attacking when Bridge has been switched back there. It needs to be from the start and not when it's too late.

The narrative had by many was that we aren't defensively solid with him there. We had the best defense in the league last season and have conceded a whole lot more with our new look back 3/5. Of course, Miley and Kensdale missing is a huge part of that too, but no one can argue with the loss of our attacking intent since he's been moved from there. I understood when we hadn't replaced Wes, but the moment Moncur came in, we should have had Bridge, Ralph and Moncur all doing that pattern.

We must go back to it this weekend with Pepple and Bonne up top.

Therefore, my team would be:

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
Gus, Husin, Morton, Bridge
Moncur
People, Bonne

WE don't have ggod record against them + they're where we should be in the playofs+I've seen all our games this season -even giving up an Espanyol game on Sat to see us instead (they won 3-1! ). :Sorry:

Que?

Our record against them reads as follows:

P6 W3 D2 L1 F13 A4

Their only victory against us came back in 2021, when Maher had just taken the reigns and was trying to make sense of Phil Brown’s mess.

Our last three games against them have finished 3-0, 5-0 & 3-0, all in our favour.

If that’s considered a bad record, I’d love to know what you judge as a good one :Winking:

Where is Walker in the line-up list ? Might he be back from injury by the weekend ?
I’ve always thought end of this month- don’t know where the optimism originally about it being a couple of weeks came from. Is he back in full training ? That will come first for a week? Rush a hamstring and get a higher grade tear then surely you risk being out for 3 months? ITK know way better than me but there we are

Back