• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to put a slight dampener on things, but RM will still own this football club at close of play tomorrow.

A deal has been struck between RM/Citizen/Council, but that isn’t with the consortium. This will mean the consortium are still involved, and next week will be even more positive with the WUP being cleared, embargo being lifted, season tickets on sale and potentially a new recruit through the door too.

The deal will go through Those words are banned, but according to the council it should be pretty much a formality, but still has to happen. I believe once that has all passed, and any amendments to the purchase price etc has been dealt with, we will have brand new shiny owners.

We are close, and this week has been another big step forward, but we aren’t quite there yet. It’s coming though.
Is it 🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻

Tough hill. Am rooting for you all…. The fundamental reason we had to step away, was the fear of this exact impass…. SUFC have real white knights in play with this consortium. All of them are absolute legends for giving their all… they have my eternal respect. Toes, fingers and everything else’s are crossed for the club. Brilliant club, amazing fans and a beloved community asset. Kriss

Sorry to put a slight dampener on things, but RM will still own this football club at close of play tomorrow.

A deal has been struck between RM/Citizen/Council, but that isn’t with the consortium. This will mean the consortium are still involved, and next week will be even more positive with the WUP being cleared, embargo being lifted, season tickets on sale and potentially a new recruit through the door too.

The deal will go through Those words are banned, but according to the council it should be pretty much a formality, but still has to happen. I believe once that has all passed, and any amendments to the purchase price etc has been dealt with, we will have brand new shiny owners.

We are close, and this week has been another big step forward, but we aren’t quite there yet. It’s coming though.
Some dampener that!!! If the consortium are still on board, WUP cleared and new signings coming through the door is a dampener, I can’t wait to see you deliver really good news!!!

Some dampener that!!! If the consortium are still on board, WUP cleared and new signings coming through the door is a dampener, I can’t wait to see you deliver really good news!!!

The dampener is that RM will still be the owner at close of play tomorrow, and for a few more weeks yet.

Some people think that tomorrow was either the consortium being in charge and we are saved or the club going under. Neither of those things are going to happen tomorrow.

We will still be here, and so will RM for the time being.

Tough hill. Am rooting for you all…. The fundamental reason we had to step away, was the fear of this exact impass…. SUFC have real white knights in play with this consortium. All of them are absolute legends for giving their all… they have my eternal respect. Toes, fingers and everything else’s are crossed for the club. Brilliant club, amazing fans and a beloved community asset. Kriss
Nice one Kriss. Got to know Simon a little bit during your bid to save the club and was thoroughly impressed. All the best to you both..

Well done on your own recent court case with Yieldpoint #offtopic

Latest accounts has completion of sale of the club as summer/autumn 2024 - we're in summer now and Autumn ends November?

1718917565563.png

Yep and someone will put it on here, so no need to pay ;)

The echo isnt a good paper for me personally, so not worth me paying for it. If no one shares the info then i will go without knowing it until someone shares with me when i see them for a drink
And this is why journalism is dying and before long we'll have to rely on cranks and you tubers for news.

To subscribe to the Echo is the price of a pint for a month. Just pay it.

OK so the deal may or may not been agreed But to what end If there has to be yet more DDs to be done Stupid or what Just pass the deal Then the consortium will take over the club and hopefully the debts can be cleared on the day of the case fingers crossed
I've worked in private sector, charities, and public sector (currently a council). The restrictions public bodies are under would make your eyes water. we can't even get stationery. everything has to go through process, audit, Those words are banned etc. it's a different world from private sector where's you can just do stuff because it's our tax money. whether you think that's a good thing or not, that's the current set of rules we have to work under

Did you not fancy being part of the club and joining the consortium

We always said we would be happy to be a minority participant if the consortium wanted our involvement. we’ve kept an open dialogue with Justin and Tom, but so far have not been asked… which is understandable, given all the moving parts. They are great guys

Good to see you back, Mr T. Still waiting for you to be reckless and take a G Wagon off my hands though.

And this is why journalism is dying and before long we'll have to rely on cranks and you tubers for news.

If only my mortgage and utility bills hadn't doubled alongside food being much more expensive. All other subscriptions have had to go.

Just because you can afford to pay for a pint a month doesn't mean everyone can.

We’re working on the criteria we need to satisfy. I believe we can get it done but it’s not entirely on us.

We’re looking at DD estimates and should be able to commission it quite quickly once terms are agreed.

CllrDan, could you explain to us fans how and why the council are involved and the DD process.

Why is PP for x amount of houses not given and then the council could negotiate ownership/rental deal later?

Not asking for any financial secrets but some clarity for us fans.

I subscribe to a daily newspaper, i just do not like the Echo. For me it doesnt cover a lot of issues or pays them very little due that are in the local area. Sorry if that offends, if they did report these in a better way then maybe I would.

But as someone else said dont assume everyone has the price of a beer spare every month, some live hand to mouth, luckily when i get my pint (which i would rather spend my money on than buy the echo otherwise I would not have a pint, as i say just my preference) my friends update me :)

Last edited:
We always said we would be happy to be a minority participant if the consortium wanted our involvement. we’ve kept an open dialogue with Justin and Tom, but so far have not been asked… which is understandable, given all the moving parts. They are great guys
They have said that they are going to be custodians of the club, steady the ship. Maybe in a number of years they will move on, it would be nice for you to reignite your interest and continue the journey back to success and rise up the leagues. Good luck and we will always be grateful for the interest you showed in us. 👍 🙏:Thank You::LoyalSupporter::Happy::Happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back