• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CITIZEN Housing have met the deadline set by Southend City Council to help save Southend United, Echosport understands.

Council leader Daniel Cowan gave Shrimpers chairman Ron Martin until Friday to accept revised plans for the Fossetts Farm project which must be agreed for the consortium to take charge.
And it is now believed discussions are very close to a positive conclusion.
Which is it? Have the met and accepted? Or is it close. Positive, but a little misleading

So looks like they deal will be agreed but some hopefully quick DD needs to be done after?

Meanwhile COSU will need to pay £500,000 next Wednesday at the WUP with still no rubber stamped conclusion? Am I reading that right?

So looks like they deal will be agreed but some hopefully quick DD needs to be done after?

Meanwhile COSU will need to pay £500,000 next Wednesday at the WUP with still no rubber stamped conclusion? Am I reading that right?
I'd imagine they've been given stone set guarantees that this time will be it

Which is it? Have the met and accepted? Or is it close. Positive, but a little misleading
Verbally accepted perhaps, but I'd imagine it all needs to be put into a new Heads of Terms document, reviewed and signed.

@CllrDanielCowan stated the deal will sail through DD and it won't take so long

We are close

Again, hope for the best and expect the worst. This applies to DD timelines too.

Nothing to worry about, that was just me trying to suggest to people not to stress about next season's ability to get promoted. What will be, will be on that front. There's enough stress to be expended on the current situation, so you'll be doing yourself a favour by not doubling the stress thinking about whether all this will cause us to be in the NL for another season. It's not healthy.

Hope for the best, expect the worst is my advice.

Good progress being made between Council and Martins, KTF.
Top man, cheers James 👍🏻

And it is now believed discussions are very close to a positive conclusion.

So deadline not met…typical Martin behaviour. Close but no cigar.
it’s positively nearly really progressing nicely positive progress almost nearly done.

It’s as if someone needs to brief the press some damage limitation before revealing their supposed ultimatum has not been met, and they need to start spinning that further delay is “progress being made”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back