• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

I think you are 100% right, it has dragged on so long for so many years it of course has effected fans. This needs to be over now for all of us.

As a suggestion i think it is only right all Zoners pay for a months holiday in Barbados for all the admin team on here for keeping us all pretty sane.

We can take @Tinks along as our woman servant. :Smile2:
Isn’t Tinks old enough to be your Great Granddaughter Cricko??

I think you are 100% right, it has dragged on so long for so many years it of course has effected fans. This needs to be over now for all of us.

As a suggestion i think it is only right all Zoners pay for a months holiday in Barbados for all the admin team on here for keeping us all pretty sane.

We'd need a cook as well though.

We'd need a cook as well though.
In Barbados it'll be wall-to-wall BBQs, surely? One of the admins must be handy with the barbie tongs.

It'll probably more a case of too many tong-wielding twonks might make a ****, to paraphrase David Cameron... possibly his (most / only /now then, behave*) memorable statement.

* delete as appropriate

Really hope the Martins are not going to drag this out till Friday, its either a YES or NO to Cllr Cowans demands.

It should not take 5 days to make a decision..I hope.. 🙏
this is our Ron we are talking about .and nobody can hurry him up . he does things his way and at his pace

Worst thing you can do to King Rat, ask for a favour, always goes the other way!
This !!

To crouch on bended knee and plead to that scumbag, just NO. Sorry Phillips, its now the end of Monday and he's not agreed, to hell with him, bollocks to begging letters.
If i wasnt on holiday i'd gladly join any protests whilst we still have a chance. Never forget this man...

Heard anything positive chief?
Nothing new. As much as I like Anna Firth and her enthusiasm for the club, her offer was not a welcome development. Ron doesn't think he has any options so is willing to agree to the council's proposal. Don't put it out there that a negotiation is on the table. I'm still sure that he will agree, and has indicated this to Cowan (albeit informally).

Just something else The Rat has ruined for us supporters it would have been good to have a beer 🍺 and a catch up with other shrimpers Just do the right thing this week Ron get out of Southend United
Agreed
At least when England go 1-0 down we could address the negativity with a chorus of Martin Martin yours xxxx, Martin your a xxxx

Sounds like a great idea to me 😂 just don’t ask me to cook for any of you

Her intervention although at face value seems to be wanting to be helpful has quite rightly been turned down. The council have issued a clear cut ultimatum, take it or leave it. A meeting or discussion would merely give the Martins another chance to obfuscate and muddy the waters again. No thanks.
I see it another way.

If the Rat is in a room with both Cllr Cowan and Anna Firth and it is made totally clear to him that his time has run out and there is no room for further greedy negotiations, it would be very hard for him to leave that room not agreeing to the final proposal put forward by the council and knowing he will be the person that is held accountable for killing our club.

Sign on the dotted line and give us back our club!!!

It's not about electioneering, bad timing or questioning AF's sincerity; it's all to do with the fact that it's counterproductive to re-open negotiations with Ron.
Her last update a few months back shows she didn’t really pay much attention to what was happening anyway. Was all a load of words that provided no insight at all.

Cheap political opportunity she tried to take although very silly of her during an election period where numerous parties would get investigated. Even more stupid to suggest negotiations with Ron. She clearly never learns when it comes to the Rats.

I see it another way.

If the Rat is in a room with both Cllr Cowan and Anna Firth and it is made totally clear to him that his time has run out and there is no room for further greedy negotiations, it would be very hard for him to leave that room not agreeing to the final proposal put forward by the council and knowing he will be the person that is held accountable for killing our club.

There is no further negotiation he knows that- to go into the room would undermine what he has been told.

I see it another way.

But what you have just described isn’t what Anna Firth proposed was it? She offered to chair negotiation talks, not sit in a room with Cowan and tell Ron there is no room for negotiation.

The council’s position is clear enough as it is. A meeting with Anna Firth involved (as well intentioned as I’m sure her offer was) isn’t going to do anything to make it clearer.

He needs to go in that room this week only when there is a legal contract on the desk and a pen

That's correct. Otherwise he will agree to something and then do a 180 degree about turn the next day.

Can't imagine he'd agree to anything till the last possible moment and suspect he will keep trying to kick the can down the road in the hope that something turns things in his favour. So what if he says on Thursday he needs a couple more days ?

And there’s another excuse inadvertently hand delivered for the 🐀 family - we were open to face to face talks to resolve but the council wouldn’t participate
he only declined her involvement, which I think is naughty of her as it's during an election. he didn't decline a meeting in and of itself

Back