• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simple Choice - What would you rather?

Would you rather Southend were wound up tomorrow or Ron somehow get's the money to carry on?

• Wound up and dead forever

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Limping along but still in existence

Votes: 76 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐🦐
So we seem to have a scenario where we may be able to get out of trouble by someone known to Ron bailing the club out so we can continue but with Ron having some sort of involvement, even if only as a landlord.

Would you rather this, or opt for the alternative, which is winding up and the death of the club.

Simple choice - what would you rather happen?

Out of those two I'd chose Option 3 which is a clean slate with a Club run as a cooperative or similar, somehow purchasing Roots Hall and redeveloping the old girl.
But there isn't an option 3. Come on - this is what we are reduced to... The poll is only open for a day.

I love the club to bits and been going for over 35 years, but if it carries on like it has over last 10/12 years. I think it would be better to let it rest.

How much more heartache, WUP or court appearances, can us fans take as we are the only 1's that truley care for the club

Its so depressing following SUFC now.

1 mans greed has killed 117 years worth of history, and possibly any bright future.

If Kimura bought us he would still be a landlord at Roots Hall and then Fossetts unless the purchasers could leverage him out of the land for the either roots hall or Fossetts.

I'd never want to see the death of Southend so would wish to limp on. If that means with Ron so be it, but id imagine he would be more malleable to selling in the future.

The mother of all Hobsons choice.

Put it out of it’s misery or wait for a miracle cure that may never come.

I can’t decide which is preferable.

But there isn't an option 3. Come on - this is what we are reduced to... The poll is only open for a day.
With all due respect, that option would be the first thing we would all be looking to in the event that the current iteration of the Club ceased to exist.
At the very least it provides an opportunity for a clean break from our dictator of an owner.

Reluctantly option 2, I know a phoenix club would happen if we were dead but I honestly don't think I'd support it past a cursory glance at SZ each week. I'm roughly 2 hours away from Roots Hall these days so I can't justify going to many matches as it is (the Tuesdays streamed matches have been a godsend even if you occasionally you have to deal with a 10 year old commentating over footage from a Sony Ericcson), it gets even harder to motivate yourself to go if it's not even professional football.

I know it's exactly what Ron wants fans to think so I'm not happy about it but at least if we're still limping along there's a chance someone will save us.

If Ron won’t sell the club and stadium to Kimura who were the highest bidders for that option then I would prefer to start again with a phoenix club. I can’t keep on supporting a club with Ron as owner or even landlord - it is time to move on.

Back