• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Shaun Hobson joins Oldham

Just tweeted by Chris Phillips

IMG_3711.jpeg

And confirmed on their OS

Last edited:
This was inevitable and always on the cards. Shaun has been wanting to return back up north for a while as his family are up there and who can blame him.
I really liked the guy but, he stuck with us and I wish nothing but success wherever he goes.

Not bothered about losing Hobson, was never a huge fan. It bothers me though that we can’t recruit anyone to replace him and that the most annoying part in all this

I usually agree with you a lot of the time Jon but not on this occasion. Hobson is one of the best defenders in this division, losing him to a team who’ll be up there with us (you’d hope) is a bitter pill to swallow.

We’ve known for several weeks he’d move North this summer. Decent NL defender but replaceable… if you’re not under an embargo of course…. Will be a new look back five next season.

No one is saying he's not good enough , He has wanted to go back to where he lives near Manchester for a long time, he's been very open about it. Now I'm sure the 2 main Manchester clubs don't need a Shaun Hobson, so going to Oldham makes sense for the lad, however hard it is for us to swallow.
Hobbo to score an oggy in the play off final against us would go down pretty well i reckon ;-)

Back