• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shaquille Coulthirst

Good point.

I can see that loaning out players who aren't 'any good' is 'the big plus side for the loan system' for all clubs seeking to get rid of dead wood to clubs that haven't done their homework.

Good point.

I can see that loaning out players who aren't 'any good' is 'the big plus side for the loan system' for all clubs seeking to get rid of dead wood to clubs that haven't done their homework.

It is true that clubs won't be lending their top prospects unless very young. Did we loan out Jack Payne.?.....Will we be loaning Harry Krpto this season? But that doesn't for example mean we didn't rate Jack Bridge when he went to Chelmsford.

Now if anyone didn't do their homework it has to be Peterborough as they signed Shaq on a 3+ year deal. But we often see their system of signing young potential players and selling them on given much praise on here. Naturally there will be failures in that system ( they lost £900,000 on Tyrone Barnett) which is often not mentioned but happens at every club in the world. Not just at SUFC

Shaq was highly rated by Spurs in his younger days and was a top scorer in their youth teams. Lots of clubs would have jumped at the chance to have him on loan. They obviously never thought the was dead wood as Paul Brush used to come RH and asses him every game.

The reason he has failed is not because of ability but his non existent work rate on the pitch. The one thing no one can coach is desire and Shaq has none. The last game he played for us v Plymouth, Coughlan and Brown spent the whole game trying to get him to move and make runs. Paul Brush mentioned in a not very complimentary way that at one point he had not touched the ball for 11 minutes.

Some PL academy players are on £5,000 per week at 18 years of age. If they come to our club they would be the highest earner. Some clearly think they have made it already. Still the most important thing in the game is a good attitude, rather than 'tude'

Still at least we can add him to the list of players that some claim will flourish away from RH...'because of our style of play' but of course never do.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused, I keep reading on here that we should copy Peterborough in the transfer market as they sign all these "nobody" players and they work out great... This is the second thread on ex shrimpers recently (Kane Ferdinand) that didn't quite workout that way...maybe they should just avoid ex shrimpers

I'm a bit confused, I keep reading on here that we should copy Peterborough in the transfer market as they sign all these "nobody" players and they work out great... This is the second thread on ex shrimpers recently (Kane Ferdinand) that didn't quite workout that way...maybe they should just avoid ex shrimpers

Assombalonga worked out pretty well for them.

Surprised at that, he seemed to get a few games and goals for Posh, thought he was doing ok there. Obviously not..

To state it hasn't worked out for Shaq since his Spurs days is a tad obvious but lots of coaches and clubs had seen some good stuff in his potential.
I only saw him here and thought then that his attitude wasn't conducive to teamwork, bonding or top effort.
He got the Mercedes too young; and was failed by the Premchump academy system as much as by his own weaknesses.

Has joined Braintree on loan from Ebbsfleet -

Braintree Town FC

📝 LOAN SIGNING!

The Iron are delighted to announce the loan signing of Shaquile Coulthirst from Kent neighbours
@EUFCofficial
! Shaq joins the Iron with a wealth of experience in the National League and The Football League

Back