• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season tickets - couple of questions.

Shr1mperBlue

Striker
No, this isn’t about when they are going on sale!!! 🤣😂

I’m going to get my first season ticket this season. Me and my 15 year old. It probably doesn’t work out much difference as I’m normally at somewhere between 15 and 18 home games a season, but it saves me a lot of faffing around, guarantees us seats every match and shows my support.

Just a couple of questions I wonder if someone could kindly answer for me

1) Can they be bought online?
2) if I pick a rubbish seat where a pillar blocks the view of a goal, can I change it or do I have to wait all the way round to next season?
3) Any tips on picking a seat? Is there anywhere seats with a blocked view are listed. Not those seats marked as restricted view as they are back row of south upper or right behind a post, but the ones which are just in line with a post in direction of a goal for example? I hate having to keep leaning forwards and backwards all game to see the goal in some seats.

Thanks chaps

When I got mine years ago I went down to the ticket office. They noted some available seats (although now can probably see the availability on a phone) and we went into the stadium and I tried before I buy so to speak.

When I got mine years ago I went down to the ticket office. They noted some available seats (although now can probably see the availability on a phone) and we went into the stadium and I tried before I buy so to speak.
Also this....fair few years ago used to go with a member of staff into the ground and pick seats.

Also - they will offer existing ST holders the opportunity to re-purchase their seats before offering on for new ST holders
Personally i prefer the West stand and have say in that stand for yonks. There are some poles in the way so you have to be mindful and the same in the East
Why dont you go online and have a look and try and narrow down and then pop into the ticket officer and ask them if they could show youn

Depends really on where you and your son would prefer to sit

We’ve tried so many seats over the last couple of years. In the West U and V block, East towards the South end, South upper too.

The only place I wouldn’t return is South Upper. West and East both have their up and down sides.

I suppose the question of ‘can I change if I make a bad choice, or do I need to wait a whole season?’ Is a key bit. If no chance of changing, I’ll dig out the tickets from previous seasons and see if I can remember how good the view was from certain games.

Also - they will offer existing ST holders the opportunity to re-purchase their seats before offering on for new ST holders
Personally i prefer the West stand and have say in that stand for yonks. There are some poles in the way so you have to be mindful and the same in the East
Why dont you go online and have a look and try and narrow down and then pop into the ticket officer and ask them if they could show youn

That’s a good idea actually. I did wonder whether they would literally let me see the seat first. As we all know, sometimes one seat left or right or one row up or down can make all the difference. Thanks!

We’ve tried so many seats over the last couple of years. In the West U and V block, East towards the South end, South upper too.

The only place I wouldn’t return is South Upper. West and East both have their up and down sides.

I suppose the question of ‘can I change if I make a bad choice, or do I need to wait a whole season?’ Is a key bit. If no chance of changing, I’ll dig out the tickets from previous seasons and see if I can remember how good the view was from certain games.
Every season the club makes an offer for people to change their seats if they want to so i suspect if you wanted to you would be able to although i do suspect there will be a rush for ST when they go on sale and i think we may be selling a lot more than we have done in the past few seasons

Every season the club makes an offer for people to change their seats if they want to so i suspect if you wanted to you would be able to although i do suspect there will be a rush for ST when they go on sale and i think we may be selling a lot more than we have done in the past few seasons

Agreed - I think there will be a lot of people like me and if things are going well on the pitch, could be quite a few games where ticket availability will be tight.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

For you and your "child" son the family enclosure is a bargain. Your son's ST will, be something like £50.

Yes, it’s good value for sure. Probably about £80 for him elsewhere which is still pretty good. I don’t think I could go back to the family stand though just due to atmosphere. Started off there and moved on elsewhere. Thanks for the message though, appreciated.

That’s a good idea actually. I did wonder whether they would literally let me see the seat first. As we all know, sometimes one seat left or right or one row up or down can make all the difference. Thanks!
they will. but they will be very busy for the next few weeks should the miracle happen
Head down there midweek 10 am ish if they are open If you can.

Back