• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Cards 24/25

If season cards go on sale soon would you buy one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple answer for me. Yes. Doesn't need to be ringfenced. The consortium just don't put in as much cash this month and the shortfall would be made up by season ticket monies. As Tom is a member of the consortium i'd imagine that he would be having a very close on on monies coming in and out of the club.

I would hope that payments would be approved by someone rather than someone just logging into the bank and helping themselves.

Would pay on credit card just to cover myself

Paying on card would probably mean the processor holds on to the money for a set period anyway so unlikely the money could be used to pay off WUP

I won't be purchasing a season card until either:

a) Ron signs over the club and lease to RH/FF training ground to COSU.

and/or

b) COSU can ringfence the funds from the Rat family.

and/or

c) Until it's obvious we are surviving post June 26th.

I was really looking forward to next season and was ready to throw hundreds and hundreds, thousands even at the club under COSU. But now I'm just deflated and feel like I did in the same period last year. I already feel next season has been destroyed by the embargo (again) and have little excitement or support left to give, until things change dramatically.

I struggle to see how, if even allowed to start it, that we finish the season.

The Council don’t seem anywhere near reaching a conclusion. And the consortium aren’t going to keep pumping in money for the months it’s going to take for the Council to reach a conclusion.

So where does that leave us? We might be able scrape together the season ticket money to pay off Stewarts and clear the winding up order. But there won’t be anything left in the pot to pay wages/HMRC etc, so we’re still ****ed.

And if we do pay Stewarts off with the season card money, this will **** off the other creditors. They’ll all jump in on a winding up petition thinking that’s how to get what they’re owed. Except we won’t be able to pay them off because the season ticket money is gone, the consortium won’t pay it, and Ron certainly won’t pay it. The courts would eventually have to wind us up in this scenario.

On this basis I’m not sure what buying a season card will achieve. So unless anyone can counter any of this, then the answer is not whilst Ron Martin is still the owner.

Paying on card would probably mean the processor holds on to the money for a set period anyway so unlikely the money could be used to pay off WUP
This is true. When another club which shall remain nameless were in financial trouble one of the reasons was that the credit card companies would not release all of the season ticket money to them. This was almost certainly a very wise move (they had a slightly dodgy owner).

and/or

and/or

I was really looking forward to next season and was ready to throw hundreds and hundreds, thousands even at the club under COSU. But now I'm just deflated and feel like I did in the same period last year. I already feel next season has been destroyed by the embargo (again) and have little excitement or support left to give, until things change dramatically.
Ditto this 👆

and/or

and/or

That's about where I am with it. A few weeks ago I was definitely getting a season ticket but all this uncertainty over our future, plus Martin hanging around is changing my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back