• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean Clohessy

From memory (can't be bothered to watch it again!)

Usual stuff

- really pleased to be here
- has always been full time (even when playing non-league)
- nice to link up with Widdrington, got a lot of respect for him
- Southend a big club with some good players = Granty and Moussa mentioned
- looking forward to playing in the league again (big step up from non-league)
- He likes to bomb forward, Sturrock likes his defenders to defend (Good job Franno's going then!)

Last edited:
Well Moose is going, guess he doesnt know that though.

Could be a good signing, some league experience, eager to prove himself, likes to get forward, just hope he defends well. WOnder if maybe we'll get a more defensive right sided midfielder (like a Pettefer type) to enable him to get forward, as our left side is going to be pretty attacking with Zaboub or Hall.

From memory (can't be bothered to watch it again!)

Usual stuff

- really pleased to be here
- has always been full time (even when playing non-league)
- nice to link up with Widdrington, got a lot of respect for him
- Southend a big club with some good players = Granty and Moussa mentioned
- looking forward to playing in the league again (big step up from non-league)
- He likes to bomb forward, Sturrock likes his defenders to defend (Good job Franno's going then!)

Hope that doesn't become an issue and he plays as PS wants him too. Another body in, getting closer to a full team now (Embargo lifted not withstanding)

He just singled out Granty and Moussa as two players he was looking forward to playing with.

Don't want to put a dampner on this but I just listened very carefully to the tape and I didn't get exactly the same interpretation. Asked about coming to a club (he did say that we were a BIG club!) that is being rebuilt he said something like, 'that's not exactly true because you've got great players like Grant and Moussa'.............and then added..........'if you can manage to hang onto those players'. Well, as far as the latter is concerned, it sadly doesn't look to be the case.........we shall see. More alarmingly, looking at the Roots Hall pitch, it seems as though the plan to avoid getting a pasting tonight, is not to put any goalposts up, nor have any markings on the pitch. As these items cost money, perhaps it's another economy?!!!

Don't want to put a dampner on this but I just listened very carefully to the tape and I didn't get exactly the same interpretation. Asked about coming to a club (he did say that we were a BIG club!) that is being rebuilt he said something like, 'that's not exactly true because you've got great players like Grant and Moussa'.............and then added..........'if you can manage to hang onto those players'. Well, as far as the latter is concerned, it sadly doesn't look to be the case.........we shall see. More alarmingly, looking at the Roots Hall pitch, it seems as though the plan to avoid getting a pasting tonight, is not to put any goalposts up, nor have any markings on the pitch. As these items cost money, perhaps it's another economy?!!!

All part of the cunning plan

Jumpers for goal posts?

The article in the Echo today, certainly doesn't indicate any change of mind regarding Moussa's departure.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/th...plains_quartet_s_impending_departure/?ref=rss

I'd love to know what Ron has told all these players (and Sturrock/Widdrington) - a big misunderstanding by the nasty tax man?

Does anyone know when the transfer embargo might actually be lifted?

Back