• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean Clohessy

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
A couple of mentions of him in the MTBD thread, but it looks as if he may deserve his own thread.

Did he play Friday, if so what number was he?

He didn't play, but sightings of him warming up pre match were mentioned.

As he was there today as part of the squad, I'd expect us to announce his signing tomorrow pre Derby.

Anyone know anything about him?

With Arsenal as a kid, he then signed for Gillingham in 2005 and played a fair amount of League games with them before joining Salisbury, first on loan and then permanently, making 70 odd appearances for them and becoming their vica captain at the age of 23. He's a right back with a decent set piece delivery and is a very good crosser of the ball. He signed for Bath a few weeks ago, but Widdrington approached him when he came to the club and Bath won't stand in his way.

Anyone know anything about him?
From what I could find he's a right-back, who has worked with Widdrington before. Appears to be highly regarded.

Came through the youth team at Arsenal*, but went to Gillingham, where he played 50 odd games for them and was sent out on loan to Salisbury. Still only 23, he'd be in the Ryan Hall category of young promising non-league players.

*He could well be the next Kerrea Gilbert or Nicky Nicolau, but please give him a chance.

Right back who shone under Widdrington for Salisbury last season. Quite an intelligent player by all accounts, which I guess is something you develop having spent your adolescence at Arsenal.

What with him and Ryan Hall signing, I'd hope that this would go some way to appease those crying out for us to sign young, hungry non-league players. I'm guessing, however, that these won't be happy as they weren't conceived, born and raised in the shadows of Roots Hall.

Is this the 1 who went to Bath a few days ago but their manager has since said they expect to lose him to a Football League team in the next few days?

Right back who shone under Widdrington for Salisbury last season. Quite an intelligent player by all accounts, which I guess is something you develop having spent your adolescence at Arsenal.

What with him and Ryan Hall signing, I'd hope that this would go some way to appease those crying out for us to sign young, hungry non-league players. I'm guessing, however, that these won't be happy as they weren't conceived, born and raised in the shadows of Roots Hall.

Both Hall and Clohessy are London boys (albeit the bad side), so would fall within Webby's M25 rule.

Someone posted a link to his facebook on that forum, make what you will of his status;

"Coming 2 fulfil my talent and dreams.. No1 can stand in my way"

I expected a far more subtle & clever post from somebody like yourself, Clohessy ticks all the boxes for me (for the record).

I'd make you the only one who did, then... For the record, that wasn't aimed solely at yourself at all, because you're certainly not the only one who has been critical of some of Sturrock's transfers before they've even kicked a ball in anger.

So if Evans signs along with Clohessy, I make that one centre back short of a starting eleven with a number of subs.

Someone posted a link to his facebook on that forum, make what you will of his status;

"Coming 2 fulfil my talent and dreams.. No1 can stand in my way"

Doesnt matter how good he is, with that text talk he wont ever be accepted on Shrimperzone!

Clohessy sounds like he could have such potential:

Following extract taken from http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Ba...ssy-signs/article-2380716-detail/article.html when Bath thought they had signed him earlier this month:

Britton said: “He’s a seriously good footballer and you don’t sign somebody like that and not play him – he’s like Adam Connolly and Lewis Hogg in that respect.
“I’m shocked that we got him. He wasn’t on my radar because we thought he’d end up in the league. Then Luke [Ruddick] said that he wanted to come training because he didn’t have anything sorted and I couldn’t believe my luck.
“This will really open some people’s eyes. It’s a major, major signing for us.”

I'd make you the only one who did, then... For the record, that wasn't aimed solely at yourself at all, because you're certainly not the only one who has been critical of some of Sturrock's transfers before they've even kicked a ball in anger.

So if Evans signs along with Clohessy, I make that one centre back short of a starting eleven with a number of subs.

I haven't really been critical of Sturrock's signings at all, other than a certain nepotism influenced one!
Yes, I don't want him as our manager and suspect a slick, crisp passing game is now a thing of the past, but under current circumstances there's not a lot anybody can do to rectify the situation!

No matter how positive people want to be about his arrival, you can't deny it isn't becoming similar to the Alan Little era of a new manager coming in and filling the team with favoured personnel. The one concession I will give to this is the extreme situation we find ourselves in necessitated drastic action and if the current summary posted by Cricko elsewhere about what may happen on Thursday proves correct, it looks as if we might just manage to start the season with a fairly solid, if unspectacular L2 team, something unthinkable weeks ago!

I haven't really been critical of Sturrock's signings at all, other than a certain nepotism influenced one!
Yes, I don't want him as our manager and suspect a slick, crisp passing game is now a thing of the past, but under current circumstances there's not a lot anybody can do to rectify the situation!

No matter how positive people want to be about his arrival, you can't deny it isn't becoming similar to the Alan Little era of a new manager coming in and filling the team with favoured personnel. The one concession I will give to this is the extreme situation we find ourselves in necessitated drastic action and if the current summary posted by Cricko elsewhere about what may happen on Thursday proves correct, it looks as if we might just manage to start the season with a fairly solid, if unspectacular L2 team, something unthinkable weeks ago!

His goal record suggests he isnt going to be much cop, but he had a decent 45 against Dartford (ok, no great barometer) - he's a decent lump, won a lot in the air and held it up well. I see him vying with Corr for that role with either Patterson or Spencer alongside.

does he have a long throw?

Back