• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my earlier post this is another Facebook update . I am not ITK at all just copying what someone has picked up in listening in to the council debate . It could be different of course..

motion passed! Not 100% sure what it means, but the way I read it, Southend have agreed to supply funds to cover SUFC through the period until a buyer can be found - be it the Australian co-op or otherwise!

Further to my earlier post this is another Facebook update . I am not ITK at all just copying what someone has picked up in listening in to the council debate . It could be different of course..

motion passed! Not 100% sure what it means, but the way I read it, Southend have agreed to supply funds to cover SUFC through the period until a buyer can be found - be it the Australian co-op or otherwise!
Is it April fools day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_205921.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_205921.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 231

Yeah, reading between the lines it seems to be that they are loaning the debt (to the Trust) to get the deal done which is interesting. Seems to be larger mechanics at play to me.

Several people said to me on Saturday there’s nothing to worry about Ron always leaves things to the last minute that’s how he works. wish I had there confidence
Agree. Ron left things to the last minute on 23rd August to the extent that he didn’t pay it at all and we lost 10 points. Sometimes the worst does happen.

Reactions: jnl
I am of the opinion that Ron doesn't want to sell completely but to have other investors alongside so he can fullfill his goal at FF.
It seems that Justin cant or wont be the outright investor so in the meantime we are all sweating on the outcome.But I understand Justin has said he won't let the club die.Yet again as supporters we are all left in the dark,just wish someone would say something to reassure the fan base what is happening
You understand he has said he won’t let the club die ??? Go on ? When did he sit you down and say that ?? Ffs 🤦‍♂️

We be nice for the city council to loan the shrimpers trust the money al be it a bridging loan .But how does that get rid of Ron unless the HMRC debt is payed off .Then hopefully a buyer will step in febt free .

We be nice for the city council to loan the shrimpers trust the money al be it a bridging loan .But how does that get rid of Ron unless the HMRC debt is payed off .Then hopefully a buyer will step in febt free .
Let's play imaginary figures, say the aussie needs another million to get the deal over the line and the council pass a motion to lend the trust that million to get the deal over the line then one would presume the deal is done and ratty slag goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back