• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement prediction:

Southend United are in advance talks with a potential takeover
Statement prediction:

I, Ronald the first, have today, in the spirit of worldwide co-operation, given away the football club that I ****ing love to a boomerang slinger. For good measure I have included the stadium and training ground for the price of half a pint at the Blue Boar.

This being my final act of charity, said slinger has generously offered to build a statue in my honour, which despite my insistent objections he plans to build and place upon the new Ron The Great East Stand, which I and my beloved family shall generously fund.

I appreciate many of you will wish to express your thanks to me in writing, but I ask that you refrain from doing so as I've been warned by Royal Mail that if I receive any more post they may start charging me for the delivery, and I would hate for Jack to have to pick up the cost for that too.

Forever yours, Ronald.

Statement prediction:

I, Ronald the first, have today, in the spirit of worldwide co-operation, given away the football club that I ****ing love to a boomerang slinger. For good measure I have included the stadium and training ground for the price of half a pint at the Blue Boar.

This being my final act of charity, said slinger has generously offered to build a statue in my honour, which despite my insistent objections he plans to build and place upon the new Ron The Great East Stand, which I and my beloved family shall generously fund.

I appreciate many of you will wish to express your thanks to me in writing, but I ask that you refrain from doing so as I've been warned by Royal Mail that if I receive any more post they may start charging me for the delivery, and I would hate for Jack to have to pick up the cost for that too.

Forever yours, Ronald.
You've had that typed up for ages and been waiting for your moment :Hilarious:

only 107 words but hey ho!

We can confirm that an agreement for the sale of the Club has been reached with a consortium led by Justin Rees. Everyone is working towards a completion date of 1 November 2023, that is when the consortium will formally take control of the Club.

The collaborative approach to agreeing this deal would not have been possible without the support of creditors and the assistance from the Leader of Southend City Council.

We recognise that this has been a stressful time for all associated with the Club. We would like to thank our staff for their incredible loyalty and also thank all our stakeholders for their patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back