• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I really like the looks of Allardyce at 33s. They won't beat Spurs this weekend, they won't beat City the next, and then they visit Swansea with the very grim reality that they could be bottom by then. Their next game is home to Villa, and I can't see that ending particularly well either.

Great spot that. I took it at 25/1 on Friday. Wins for Fulham and Newcastle have helped me right out; need West Ham to take a mauling at Spurs tomorrow.

Yeah he's shortened to 14s now. Fulham and Newcastle have enough quality to pull clear, but that West Ham squad is diabolical and they've little means to do anything about their slide.

Well that was a shocker, all 3 under fire managers teams won.

Malky Mackay heavily backed today. In from 10/1 to 6/4 to be next manager to go. Now the favourite ahead of Jol (5/2)

I really like the looks of Allardyce at 33s. They won't beat Spurs this weekend, they won't beat City the next, and then they visit Swansea with the very grim reality that they could be bottom by then. Their next game is home to Villa, and I can't see that ending particularly well either.

Tipping is not your strongest point:stunned:

Yes mrsblue because you predicted West Ham, a team who scored in 2 of their last 8 away games, winning 3-0 at a Spurs team who have barely conceded a goal all season.

We can all be clever in hindsight.

Yes mrsblue because you predicted West Ham, a team who scored in 2 of their last 8 away games, winning 3-0 at a Spurs team who have barely conceded a goal all season.

We can all be clever in hindsight.

Meh meh meh meh

David Weir lasted 4 months at Sheffield United and was sacked yesterday.

Just reading through this thread. Interesting to see if anyone who spent the first two pages mocking Southampton's decision to sack Nigel Atkins have changed their mind now. They're a much better team now.

Just reading through this thread. Interesting to see if anyone who spent the first two pages mocking Southampton's decision to sack Nigel Atkins have changed their mind now. They're a much better team now.

After what they spent in the summer, they really should be! Can't remember exactly how much but was £20m+ I believe. Osvaldo from Roma wouldn't have been cheap and Lovren from Lyon would have cost a bit too. Add to that Wanyama from Celtic who was hot property.

Osvaldo - 12.3 Million
Wanyama - 12.5 million
Lovern - 8.5 million

So over 30 million on 3 players.

The improvements in the team were clear to see last season too.

Atkins did a great job for two years but maybe sometimes the owner does know what he's doing.

Their improvements were mainly against the top teams, but they still struggled against the smaller teams. Now they've sorted that out they might sneak into a Europa League spot.

It was a strange sacking at the time, but how many of those sackings that seem strange have come back to bite them.

After what they spent in the summer, they really should be! Can't remember exactly how much but was £20m+ I believe. Osvaldo from Roma wouldn't have been cheap and Lovren from Lyon would have cost a bit too. Add to that Wanyama from Celtic who was hot property.

Osvaldo used to play for Espanyol before that move to Roma.He's a classy striker.We had him on a half-season loan,signed him permanently and then flogged him off to Roma before the window closed. :sad:

Last edited:
Back