• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Candidates

Have already waxed lyrical about the horrendous experience for me, Kingstonian players, officials and Ks fans at an Isthmian League play-off at Boreham Wood in 2010.
It would make your toenails curl.
Wish them nothing but bad, but have to admire their sticking qualities in front of 500 on a good day.

The form table suggests they'll survive, and as it's so tight, any three from 10 could join Oxford.

Have already waxed lyrical about the horrendous experience for me, Kingstonian players, officials and Ks fans at an Isthmian League play-off at Boreham Wood in 2010.
It would make your toenails curl.
Wish them nothing but bad, but have to admire their sticking qualities in front of 500 on a good day.

The form table suggests they'll survive, and as it's so tight, any three from 10 could join Oxford.
What happened to you then mate?.

Were some of them horrid and spiteful?.

What happened to you then mate?.

Were some of them horrid and spiteful?.
Try this for starters:

"With the scores level at 0-0, K’s captain Francis Duku was the victim of a violent attack from a Boreham Wood fan, who jumped over the railings, punched Duku in the face and simply jumped back over unopposed by any stewards."

That was only the half!

Try this for starters:

"With the scores level at 0-0, K’s captain Francis Duku was the victim of a violent attack from a Boreham Wood fan, who jumped over the railings, punched Duku in the face and simply jumped back over unopposed by any stewards."

That was only the half!
Disgusting, I suppose it was totally unprovoked and OR racist on the poor old K's skipper.

Disgusting, I suppose it was totally unprovoked and OR racist on the poor old K's skipper.
...is the right answer on both points!
Ks players were hounded out of the bar at the end by Wood 'fans', or rather they voluntarily departed.
After all, there were at least three personal trainers in the Ks squad who would have pasted the morons to the club noticeboard.
One BW knucklehead, with child in arms, wandered over to Ks fans at the end to offer them out! No one was daft enough to accept.
BW fans came over to the press box telling visiting media they were 'just a bunch of freeloading c****!' No one stopped them.
I trust you've read this?

What points total will be needed do we reckon to survive?
Excluding the two covid seasons, the highest points required to stay up in the last 10 seasons has been 52 and the lowest 44. With an average of about 49 points required for survival.

It's very tight down there. Most teams down near the relegation zone average around 1.1PPG, perhaps 1.2PPG at best if you factor in a little surge in form. So I'd say we are going to be nearer the top end of that range with perhaps 51/52 points needed for survival this season.

Phil Brown seems to be turning things around at Kidderminster Harriers. 6 wins in 8 since he took over. 2 victories against play off sides away from home. Looks like they may scrape survival - or (at the rate they are going) fly free from the relegation battle. Hat's off to Phil.
Yeah has done a pretty incredible job so far. Not my manager, but got to respect what he’s done there up to this point.

Excluding the two covid seasons, the highest points required to stay up in the last 10 seasons has been 52 and the lowest 44. With an average of about 49 points required for survival.

It's very tight down there. Most teams down near the relegation zone average around 1.1PPG, perhaps 1.2PPG at best if you factor in a little surge in form. So I'd say we are going to be nearer the top end of that range with perhaps 51/52 points needed for survival this season.
Interesting stuff. Anyone could go, very exciting stuff. Glad to have turned and corner and be pulling away from it as the form of some of the clubs in and around us is just as good as ours.

To think a few weeks ago we'd be a candidate!
Forgive me for not keeping up to date but in respect of our 10 point deduction, have we now exhausted absolutely all methods of turning it over or getting it reduced? I know we lost the initial appeal but that was an in house stitch up by the NL I believe. I'm aware it was in association with keeping our licence but an embargo and 10 points was still a 'make it up as you go along' decision.
Seeing Everton get some back for financial irregularities and the lesser amounts of deductions being handed out to some teams in the EEL over HMRC issues makes me still feel we were hard done by!
The problem is Everton are prem we are what we are no one care’s except for Southend fans

Oxford are doomed. Dorking's run-in includes Chesterfield, Barnet, Bromley, Alty twice and Aldershot so I think sadly survival will prove too much for them. Woking look poor and need to get something from Kiddy on Saturday, I think they'll go too. Wealdstone I think may well succumb to their congested fixture schedule and pudding of a pitch and take the plunge as well.

Whatever happens, I hope both York and Kidderminster survive. Despite York's atrocious location and difficult transport from town, both have decent stadia with good facilities for away fans and both towns are good for a few beers before the game.

Back