• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

We aren’t catching Scunthorpe or Col u...it’s like a 12 goal swing needed in 2 games

Equally as important is Grimsby losing at Exeter tonight. We don’t want them sneaking in and relegating both us and Barrow

Of course, if Barrow get any result tonight, our fate is sealed. Yet, even if they keep our hopes alive I'd remind people of the old adage 'LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!' A slip by Barrow makes Exeter a key player in our forlorn battle for League survival, Tonight they entertain Grimsby who, if we want to survive, need to drop at least two points in their remaing three games. You probably don't need reminding that, if Grimsby avoid defeat we go bottom of the League. After we have given Barrow a mauling on Saturday ( :Smile: :Winking:???) they too follow Grimsby's path down to the west country for the last game of the season. Ideally, if indeed it gets that far, we would wish that Exeter are not yet assured of a play-off place, so they don't ease off and rest players for their more important games ahead. That leaves Scunny!...............Oh no!!! don't let's even start going down that avenue, the plot is already too fantastical.

Oh really?...check the table and tell me where we finish if Grimsby win all 3 of their matches remaining, even if we win both of ours.

If we don't win all ours then it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

And, technically, at the moment we could still catch Colchester or Scunthorpe.

If we don't win all ours then it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

And, technically, at the moment we could still catch Colchester or Scunthorpe.
We might match their points total, there's no way we're making up that goal difference.

We might match their points total, there's no way we're making up that goal difference.
Colchester no chance, Scunthorpe is a very, very remote possibility. They've conceded 12 goals in their last 4 matches so their defence looks shaky, if they lose their last 3 matches 3-0 they'll finish on a GD of -27 whilst we're currently on -30, so 2 2-0 victories would see us safe. It's an extremely unlikely combination of results but not impossible.

Of course, if Barrow get any result tonight, our fate is sealed. Yet, even if they keep our hopes alive I'd remind people of the old adage 'LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!' A slip by Barrow makes Exeter a key player in our forlorn battle for League survival, Tonight they entertain Grimsby who, if we want to survive, need to drop at least two points in their remaing three games. You probably don't need reminding that, if Grimsby avoid defeat we go bottom of the League. After we have given Barrow a mauling on Saturday ( :Smile: :Winking:???) they too follow Grimsby's path down to the west country for the last game of the season. Ideally, if indeed it gets that far, we would wish that Exeter are not yet assured of a play-off place, so they don't ease off and rest players for their more important games ahead. That leaves Scunny!...............Oh no!!! don't let's even start going down that avenue, the plot is already too fantastical.

I've always liked Exeter, lovely cathedral, historic Elizabethan buildings, Roman walls, great football team - I mean really, really exceptionally great football team, I can't stress how great they are....Come On You Grecians!!!

17 points deduction in total across the season. It's instructive how the EFL were prepared to destroy a club like that.

Yep and let's not forget the part they played in our demise too. The money owed to HMRC was paid in October, but the EFL did not lift the embargo until December.

They have a history of pushing 'problem clubs' down and out.

Is anyone going to watch the FGR v Barrow game tonight on I follow?
Yes, for a second, thought about it.
But I'm not enamoured with League Two even we're playing, so watching others is pushing it.
The result will be the result, and that's the only thing of interest.

I've always liked Exeter, lovely cathedral, historic Elizabethan buildings, Roman walls, great football team - I mean really, really exceptionally great football team, I can't stress how great they are....Come On You Grecians!!!
I suppose you could say the same for Forest Green, its great, historic football team, its wonderful fields, its dense hedgerows, its roaming herds, its country bumpkin............come on you greens!!!!

Back