• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Realistic Targets

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Guys, guys guys...

and gals...

When posting details about any player that has been released or who is available please bear in mind that if we were unable to attract Prem and CCC players when we were a CCC side paying CCC wages we're hardly likely to be able to get them when we are in League 1 paying League 1 wages.

In my opinion anyone who was in the Prem is a non starter unless they are 38 years old plus and I don't think either Teddy Sheringham or Gary Speed would come down here.

Scour the non-league clubs boards which is far more likely to produce potential signings to be honest.

Otherwise it's going to be a long summer...

teddy sheringham might come this way as he has just bought a house down essex way!!

Good point FBM, can only see Lg 1, 2 and non Lg players coming our way- Whelpdale, Morison, maybe the lad from Barnet. But then again Goater was a CCC player.

does this count for loan players as well?

I only ask as we got Stephen Kelly ( Spurs ) and Nicky Nic ( Arsenal ) on loan when we were League 2..........

No... loanees we've never heard of from Prem sides would probably come here...

Guys, guys guys...

and gals...

When posting details about any player that has been released or who is available please bear in mind that if we were unable to attract Prem and CCC players when we were a CCC side paying CCC wages we're hardly likely to be able to get them when we are in League 1 paying League 1 wages.

In my opinion anyone who was in the Prem is a non starter unless they are 38 years old plus and I don't think either Teddy Sheringham or Gary Speed would come down here.

Scour the non-league clubs boards which is far more likely to produce potential signings to be honest.

Otherwise it's going to be a long summer...

By all accounts we wer'nt paying ccc wages last season, this was the reason given why we had so much trouble attracting quality players. I am of the opinion that the likes of Swansea, Millwall, Doncaster, Huddersfield all pay better wages than us so attracting talent in this division is'nt going to be easy.

With Oxford not making the Play Off's the club are looking at there budget for next season and one area will be of course the players

would it worth a punt for theese two guys

John Duffy Midfield Top scorer 18 goals last term joined 2006
Yemi Odubade Striker 11 goals last term joined 2005

Yemi could be out of contract has a eye for goal and has pace something
we are missing with ginger nut harold & are other striker bradbury

:thump:

Having seen the two Oxford v Exeter play off games there are not too many of the U's players I would want actually.

Exeter however look to have a couple of tasty looking players (one midfield, one defender). Their names escape me for the moment but they shone at the Kassam stadium and would be worth a look if they became available.

Back