• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P Dave Cousins-The Big Dady 😢

RIP, I did not know him, I went to St Pierre when they had a senior school and used to play Eton house back in the 70's usually losing.

So sorry to hear this, was a regular in the Shrimperzone Prediction League for many years.

Absolutely devastating news, Dave was one of the nicest, kind hearted people. He was so dedicated to this place and the effort he put into his official match day threads could not be matched.

As a part of the mod team he was often one to be level headed in any situation.

A massive loss to the SZ team, to the SZ community and for SUFC.

My thoughts and condolences to his family.

One of the most enjoyable days ( apart from the result ) i shared with Dave, was when 10 of us went to Sheff Weds for the 5th rd F.A. cup game in 93.
We left Southend early morning, as we had tickets for the 8.40am train from St. Pancras which arrived in Sheffield at 10.45am!. ( Back then the good old persil tickets were available, & we all paid £20 return instead of £40! ).
Lost count of all the pubs we frequented pre game, before getting taxi's to Hillsborough.
After the game we caught a bus back to the station ( took ages ), & went in a pub called 'The Penny Black' as our booked train to London didn't depart until 7.45pm.
Got to St. Pancras around 10.30pm, found another local pub, couple more beers & back home ( a very long day! ). Great banter throughout the day, Dave always seemed to have a smile on his face, bless him.
R.I.P fellow Shrimper, & although definitely not under the right circumstances, at your send off i'll have a natter with Simon ( who i've known since 1970 ), & Andy, who i worked with for a few years in 'The Print' mid 80's.

One of the most enjoyable days ( apart from the result ) i shared with Dave, was when 10 of us went to Sheff Weds for the 5th rd F.A. cup game in 93.
We left Southend early morning, as we had tickets for the 8.40am train from St. Pancras which arrived in Sheffield at 10.45am!. ( Back then the good old persil tickets were available, & we all paid £20 return instead of £40! ).
Lost count of all the pubs we frequented pre game, before getting taxi's to Hillsborough.
After the game we caught a bus back to the station ( took ages ), & went in a pub called 'The Penny Black' as our booked train to London didn't depart until 7.45pm.
Got to St. Pancras around 10.30pm, found another local pub, couple more beers & back home ( a very long day! ). Great banter throughout the day, Dave always seemed to have a smile on his face, bless him.
R.I.P fellow Shrimper, & although definitely not under the right circumstances, at your send off i'll have a natter with Simon ( who i've known since 1970 ), & Andy, who i worked with for a few years in 'The Print' mid 80's.
Must have been one of the 10 as going with dave to every home and away game since about 1980 also know Andy and Simon went to Italy with Andy for the Anglo italian

Back