• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I do feel that if you sign a foward and make him your number 9 you should trust him and yourself as in brown that he wil come good there was no other striker to replace him with and if you need goals like we did you don't take your goal getter off, he won't score if he's not on the field?, piggot and Deegan wouldn't make lge 2 teams either so wake up brown play your trusted in Timlin, worral and even Atkinson who shows passion and commitment every time he plays

Mooneys bound to be ****ed off at being taken off so early. We've all got to remember it was his home league debut aswell. Where he signed so long ago I think people forget that. He would've been wanting to impress and win the fans over but is taken off before his had the chance. And mainly it's because PB got it wrong so someone has to take the fall. And unfortunately it was him.

1.Why did Worral not start?
Can’t answer that
2.Why did Timlin not start?
Was dismal against Brighton, mis-passed frequently and endedup running around like a headless chicken, plus Brown was going for anattacking line up.
3.Why was Mooney taken off so soon (I assume an injury butnothing apparent)
We had the chance to go 1-0 up but he failed and was poor.They played 4-1-5-1 so our defence was static waiting for the runners to comeat them, whilst our mid-field was overrun with Chamber and Sawyers running theshow. Once they scored Brown tried toshore up mid-field and took off our poorest front man. If we had scored firstmaybe things would have been very different, but then scoring is not our forte.
4.Does Weston like pizza? He certainly enjoys slices.
More over-hit crosses than slices, particularly right foot
5.What will happen to the Daniel Bentley money?
I expect it will go towards building our new stadium !!

I agree 100% and sadly he will not get many "Chances" playing out of position in that formation ! If I was him I would have been ****ed off too worryingly this exact same position appears to affect most of our recent strikers including Barry Corr (I don't think he would cut it at L1 level thou)

Sorry I was replying to Hudson1 !! Apologies new and all that (To tech not the blues 42 years and still going strong !!)

Taking off a striker, at home, after 32 minutes for tactical reasons? :stunned:

Yes, why not? If it's obvious that things are not working then why wait longer to change it? Brown has admitted that he got his team selection wrong. I happen to think Payne was the wrong man to come on at that time but the midfield certainly needed an extra body and fast.

Westons over-hit crosses might have been as a result of the narrow pitch.

If its been narrowed because we almost got games called off last yeah then i'm the next labour leader. Not sure Brown isn't honest and says he wants to compact the game a bit.

If its been narrowed because we almost got games called off last yeah then i'm the next labour leader. Not sure Brown isn't honest and says he wants to compact the game a bit.

I've not seen your name mentioned on the SZ Politics thread so there is a pretty good chance you won't be.

If you watch the highlights of the game he got plenty of crosses into the box, we rarely had anyone in the middle to get them though.

If you watch the highlights of the game he got plenty of crosses into the box, we rarely had anyone in the middle to get them though.

Very good point...I thought that watching the game on Saturday...the crosses weren't particularly bad (or particularly good) - the problem is there was no-one challenging.

Westons cross in the last minute at Wembley wasn't anywhere near as magical as many people like to make out. It was an average ball across the area..if anything a bit short. The difference was that we had a striker who attacked it and didn't allow the defenders a clear header..:pig: picked up the loose ball and the rest is history.

I was never an enormous Corr fan, but it's fairly certain that if he was playing against Walsall their no.4 wouldn't have been able to head clear unchallenged every time.

Hmmn, not sure about that, it was a quality cross at Wembley, if he could deliver the ball like that more regularly he would be a great asset.

For me, these are the right questions after the game - well, most of them. I think the lack of response on this thread is because people are simply saying the same things in the Match Thread and Ratings posts.

On 1) and 2) only Brown can say. I'm a big fan of his but he got it wrong yesterday. I'm glad that he conceded his errors after the game otherwise we'd be in for a long season. It's clear to me that Brown looked at Weston's pace as an outlet... and it was. Unfortunately, the end product was missing which rendered the decision... useless.

Worrell posseses the quality that we'll be needing in this league and Timlin the bite that could and should have protected White who was hugely exposed throughout. All very well having Weston available to bomb forward but it doesn't help if the ball is finding a man afterwards or at least sticking in the offensive third.

3) Rightly so as he was a victim of Brown's poorly chosen line-up and formation. Brown has been big enough to concede his error so Mooney will have to just suck that one up I'm afraid. It wasn't down to Mooney's ineffectiveness, more the formation that nulled any contribution he might have made. I've heard the word 'disinterested' knocking around but it's beyond me how anyone can imagine a player being disinterested during the first thirty minutes of his competitive home debut at a club. We'll ultimately find out if he can cut it but yesterday we just killed him off.

4) Can't agree with this Phil. He was 'potentially' our biggest threat and displayed all of the workrate/endeavour, but he simply failed every time to find his strikers when he'd got himself into a position of threat. No point having the threat if it proves to be blunt every time you get the chance to use it, especially if it's weakening other areas of the team like the defensive shape that makes us hard to beat.

5) No one knows I guess, but surely you'd have to assume it'll be used to service our debt and maintain our ongoing solvency. What it might also do is help us secure an experienced goalkeeper and/or bring in a higher-quality of loanee to bolster the front line. Time will tell.

The bit I dont understand is this , Phil has admitted he got it wrong - big deal to be honest , he is just stating the obvious . The most important question is 'Why did you think this formation would work?' You can never get a consensus on what a formation should be, but we certainly had a consensus BEFORE the match that this formation would not work. I would be genuinely interested to know the logic behind the formation . I can still recall a home match last year , with all three home stands singing 'you don't know what your doing' as he subbed Worrall. I don't really want to see discussions on where everyone is in agreement he got it wrong.

Back