• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players doing their own pre-season

i overheard a former SUFC striker giving his opinion on Powell, it was around understanding why Kev and co bought him here because he does a lot of great things in and around the box, however as we all have witnessed he seems to be slightly erratic in his decision making in front of goal
If CP and the management can sort that piece out i reckon we have a 20 goal a season player .....big IF though , however he is very dedicated and is in top condition for a NL player

i overheard a former SUFC striker giving his opinion on Powell, it was around understanding why Kev and co bought him here because he does a lot of great things in and around the box, however as we all have witnessed he seems to be slightly erratic in his decision making in front of goal
If CP and the management can sort that piece out i reckon we have a 20 goal a season player .....big IF though , however he is very dedicated and is in top condition for a NL player

If he could improve his finishing, he’d be playing in the FL.

He’s a great trier but he lacks both quality and size and that is always going to limit him.

He can’t hold the ball up, he can’t beat a man. It makes him so limited.

We can get a much higher calibre of player, even in this division.

I have no doubt he’s a high calibre individual and a quality trainer but he is so poor on the ball.

2A844F98-759E-4D83-B7E9-BD4634442C49.jpeg
From Essex Player Development:

“These boys have been 1st class across the last 4 weeks

Been an absolute pleasure to have the boys from @sufcrootshall train with me over the off season.

They have shown the levels of training and what hard work in what is meant to be time off, can do to kick start the season the right way!

Go smash it this season lads”

Great to see the boys getting a head start and ensuring they are ready for proper pre-season and of course the new season itself.

Chris Phillips said the players were due back for pre-season today

If he can report this (whilst on holiday, I should add), would it hurt for the club to acknowledge it, post up some photos etc?

Have they laid off all the staff after having got them to post in advance their pre-written content with timed posts? Are they on strike having still not been paid? Or have the new owners embargoed it in order to have the exclusive footage of Callum Powell entering the training facilities with a washbag for the Ray Winstone and the Rock co-hosted documentary?

To be fair yesterday was only a health check day in B &, L and no kicking a ball about.

Chris Phillips said the players were due back for pre-season today

If he can report this (whilst on holiday, I should add), would it hurt for the club to acknowledge it, post up some photos etc?

Have they laid off all the staff after having got them to post in advance their pre-written content with timed posts? Are they on strike having still not been paid? Or have the new owners embargoed it in order to have the exclusive footage of Callum Powell entering the training facilities with a washbag for the Ray Winstone and the Rock co-hosted documentary?

SUFC Twitter posting about pre-season, with a picture. Maybe some more content to come today then…

Back