• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play-off memories...

Having hired a VIP coach from Kings Ferry, which turned out to be the one usually used by the club, as they had been given the one normally sent to Charlton Athletic F.C. We kept being waved to and honked at up the motorways to Cardiff and then in Cardiff itself having nearly every Blues fan we went past practically wetting themselves thinking they were waving at the players going past, shame it was just the players of the Mighty ShrimperZone F.C. on board :D

Hahaha. That was good.

I remember getting to the Wetherspoon's after the celebrations at the end of the game and ordering a bottle of champagne only for the bar-staff to say there was a no glass policy on match days! Eventually after much persuasion they relented!

Also drinking in there was memorable when a local hen-party walked in to much hilarity, can't remember exactly why, but I think it was mainly due to the mental pressure of the past few weeks finally being lifted!

I was there as well. What a great atmosphere. There were several hen parites that came in for one drink then left very quickly when they realized it was full of drunken football fans. Plus there was a few chants of 'Easy Easy' when they walked into the Bar. Had a great congo up the stairs as well Must have been about 30 of us doing it. Great memories. Lets hope there are some more this time at Wembley.

I actually just wanna touch on what i think is the biggest question in history, and probably one of the wonders of the world, and that is..

Where the **** Did Jupp come from for that goal anyway?

Mine was after freddy scored the first going mental (my dad had to call me back before I done anything stupid:D), when I eventually calmed down it didnt last long though after juppys goal nearly broke the net I just went absolutly (sp) ballistic jumping up and down and I turned round and just started hugging this random bloke:D

Happy days :)

I actually just wanna touch on what i think is the biggest question in history, and probably one of the wonders of the world, and that is..

That my friend will probably have to be answered by the man that is Juppy himself I think:) (good question though)

Last edited:

As Juppy ran past us at the half-way line he definetly heard us screaming "keep going Jupps" at him.
Of this i'm sure.:support:

Being sat in the West Stand against Northampton when my missus was heavily pregnant and actually 1 week over her due date. . .she was in Wrexham! The concern that came and went with every text I got but happy days we won and she got took into hospital the next day to be started off.

This time round the boy will be sat next to me

My memory of the Play-Offs is quite sad.

My youngest brother, who I'd been to LDV Finals with previously & suffered the infamous nightmare train journey back with missed the Lincoln game. He'd paid out for the ticket, coach & had even done he's packed lunch! He was so ill the day before the game, that he couldn't even get out of bed.

Although I was so happy that we won that day :sherlock: I felt extremely upset that my brother wasn't there to see us score a goal in Cardiff & most of see us promoted. He will be at Wembley this time!

Being sat in the West Stand against Northampton when my missus was heavily pregnant and actually 1 week over her due date. . .she was in Wrexham! The concern that came and went with every text I got but happy days we won and she got took into hospital the next day to be started off.

This time round the boy will be sat next to me

Which oddly enough reminds me...

For the play-off finals at Cardiff my wife was heavily pregnant with our twins and all my mates reckoned i shouldn't have gone but i drove to Wales with my wife's blessing,she knows what's important to me and promised to keep her legs crossed 'till i got back,good girl!

On the monday i emerged from Chelmsford Hospital looking like i'd just won the lottery! That's what i call a good couple of days.

The final against lincoln city, we are one nil up and I can not take any more I run up to the toilets for a nervous pee, praying that when I am done it will be all over, I come out and walk into the stand to see jupp run through on goal and score.......I went mental and jumped on the nearest steward and hugged him to death(while screaming we done it, we done it) I then ran to my seats and proceeded to go mad with my son and the rest of the crew

Back