• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Places you've eaten.

The Exchange, Southchurch Road.

7/10 for my burger, but my sister and her husband both had pies and it would be 2/10 for those.

Le Gavroche. 12/10

Extra point as Michel Roux Jnr shook my hand and signed a cook book.

The Chelmer Carvery, Chelmsford.

9/10 purely because of the price. Because we waited 20 minutes for a table we got our meals for a £5 each. All you can eat carvery for a fiver, what more do I have to say :D Food was damn good too.

Miller & Carter, Eastwood.

7/10 - Excellent food, if a tad on the expensive side.

Panchos Cantina in Rayleigh wasnt bad last weekend. 7/10

The Lodge Rettendon - carvery, a la carte menu and stuff on the boards. They over complicate it with too much stuff. 5/10

I bet it wasn't cheap either.
Not too bad price wise, they offer a number of choices whereby you can select 4, 6 or 10 items. Food quality is good, apparently 1 mushroom is a "portion" and the fried slice was so crisp it shattered when you tried to cut it! It was the bacon, mushroom and the beans that were cool temperature wise, the rest wasn't too bad.

Not too bad price wise, they offer a number of choices whereby you can select 4, 6 or 10 items. Food quality is good, apparently 1 mushroom is a "portion" and the fried slice was so crisp it shattered when you tried to cut it! It was the bacon, mushroom and the beans that were cool temperature wise, the rest wasn't too bad.

When did beans become a staple of the great British breakfast? Disgusting.:sick:

Carpenters Arms - Rawreth. 8/10 (recently been done up). Better than The Hawk in Battlesbridge which imho has really gone downhill the last past few years.

Always. Beans have no place on a breakfast plate.
As long as there is distance between the egg and beans - perhaps using the sausage as a breakwater - you're fine.

[video=youtube;0sYvnUz-UpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYvnUz-UpU[/video]

Back