• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A work colleague last week spent £58 on a ticket to watch West Ham V Hull and spent £30 travelling there, without being disrespectful hardly top notch fare. In the past 2 weeks I have spent £38 on tickets for Oxford and Pompey, and thanks to the great value TZ service,£29 on travel and have had the best 2 away days I can remember for a very long time and still spent less :-)

How far would you like us to progress up the leagues if this is the kind of money we would have to fork out?

To fork out £58 for a ticket to West Ham-Hull City is certainly poor value but every club has to aim for the Premier League someday otherwise what's the point of going to games or being a supporter at all?

I had a perspective greenhouse once, but got brittle in winter so went for glass, you get what you pay for:hilarious:

I think if we got to the Premier League it would be a disaster. We would play anytime from Saturday lunchtime to Monday evening and we would have to take players on OTT wages. Ticket prices would go through the roof.

For me, decent Championship status would be good. In reality, high L1 would be where we would be happiest I reckon.

Behave. If we ever got to the premiership first it would be amazing if we ever did. It would be the greatest thing that ever happened to the club and you would just pay the money.

The value for money, and the enjoyment factor over the last 2 weeks has been phenonemol, would hate to miss out on that again because I couldn't afford Premiershite prices.

The value for money, and the enjoyment factor over the last 2 weeks has been phenonemol, would hate to miss out on that again because I couldn't afford Premiershite prices.

Yes but also tz would still run in the premiership and would still be affordable and also it was only cheap as they are near. If we played hull it would be 25 on the coach

Yes but also tz would still run in the premiership and would still be affordable and also it was only cheap as they are near. If we played hull it would be 25 on the coach

£25 return fare on a coach to Hull seems cheap to me - heard the tea and coffee on the TZ coaches ain't to bad either :winking:

£25 return fare on a coach to Hull seems cheap to me - heard the tea and coffee on the TZ coaches ain't to bad either :winking:

Cakes ain't bad either :smile:

TZ fares are always competitive whereas ticket prices will always be high to meet wage demands.

Champions league or nothing for me. Always dreamt of flying out from Southend to see the lads take on Barcelona, and looking down on new stadium on the way. Off for my pills now.:sad:

I think if we got to the Premier League it would be a disaster. We would play anytime from Saturday lunchtime to Monday evening and we would have to take players on OTT wages. Ticket prices would go through the roof.

For me, decent Championship status would be good. In reality, high L1 would be where we would be happiest I reckon.

I fully concur with this view.

But you are paying to watch premiership football. Its expensive and it shouldn't be but It won't change. Another perspective for u. Chelsea vs Liverpool league cup semi final tickets, £20.

25 actually, i've got 2!. Point is at the start of the season Chelsea have a fixed price of 25 quid for League Cup games and 30 quid for FA Cup games, irrelevant of who the opposition is. So watching them lose to Bradford yesterday would have cost more than watching them play the Bin Dippers on Tuesday!!!!!!!!

Don't forget by the time Southend reach the Premiership everyone now posting on Shrimperzone will be pensioners (or worse), therefore we can buy senior tickets at reduced prices!

A work colleague last week spent £58 on a ticket to watch West Ham V Hull and spent £30 travelling there, without being disrespectful hardly top notch fare. In the past 2 weeks I have spent £38 on tickets for Oxford and Pompey, and thanks to the great value TZ service,£29 on travel and have had the best 2 away days I can remember for a very long time and still spent less :-)

How far would you like us to progress up the leagues if this is the kind of money we would have to fork out?
Of course i understand what your trying to say, but you either want Southend to win every week or you don't.

Ya as said above not in our lifetime if at all but,Look at it from the top would Newcastle want to save £10 every game to play Ipswich rather than Arsenal I think not. Can we afford children, No but you find away.UTB

I'm sure Swansea fans didn't think when we played them at the Liberty (the day we gained promotion) that a few years later they'd be winning the League Cup final and playing in the Europa League. If the new ground ever happens then the sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned. Let's get out of this poxy League first though eh! :happy:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back