• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
This has to stop chaps and ladies.. The Zone is becoming farcical with all the childish abuse and tit for tat rubbish.

We should all be free to debate issues and opinions etc without every thread turning into a pantomime and ruining these forums for the majority. The same few people are popping up time after time and we will not let it continue.

The Zone is bigger than a few trouble makers, so be warned if you continue you will be placed on the naughty step ( which seems apt for your behaviour)

Lets all play nicely in future and stop this bickering..there will be no further warnings for those that try our patience.

Thank you, Cricko. I hope that your request is successful. Sadly, personal abuse seems to be the norm on too many forums (fora?) and too many posters resort to it when well-reasoned opinions conflict with their own. Good luck!

Society is to blame for all this abuse and bickering. When social media sites are rife with this kind of behaviour is it any wonder that it spills over on to our forums as well? It seems to be the norm now to be confrontational and disrespectful in many forms of human contact. Gone, it would seem, are the days of considered comment and decency. I, for one, bemoan this development and would relish a return to the days of decent manners and thoughtfulness towards one another. A vain hope I fear.

Great. I for one have been irritated. To add to it though, I am also frustrated with some of the "I told you so posts" which are written in such a way that the person being "told" would probably have reason to want a player to perform badly just to shut the "I" up

Perhaps a way forward is to limit how many posts a poster can make in a day?

This will stop the constant bickering between people, posting absolute *****, and finally replying to every post that some people feel they have to do

Its an opinion site I would agree, but lets be honest how many pointless replies are registered on here by people

UTS

Passions run high amongst football fans, always have, always will. This results in some taking out their frustration by slating players/manager/chairman, others take a different view and challenge this, maybe not always done in a way that others would but it's called passion, remove that and you remove the people that probably care the most about SUFC.

Interesting that many who contribute didly squat to debates on SZ then pop up on this kind of thread.

Passions run high amongst football fans, always have, always will. This results in some taking out their frustration by slating players/manager/chairman, others take a different view and challenge this, maybe not always done in a way that others would but it's called passion, remove that and you remove the people that probably care the most about SUFC.

Interesting that many who contribute didly squat to debates on SZ then pop up on this kind of thread.

Maybe people don't contribute to debates because they often descend into personal abuse?

Funny how the main posters of waffle haven't posted here.

...as if to make Cricko's point, how exactly do you think this sort of comment will help the Zone move forward from the point-scoring pettiness and general disrespect for other posters' opinions that we've seen lately?

There are always fine lines to cross over, and we don't always share the same point of view but you must also have some respect for people, getting nasty and rude is not very nice but it happens with the frustration......but that is not a good reason to abuse someone

I have little doubt I have been the main moaner on here with my broken record topic which annoys me so would imagine it annoys many of you.

It is what it is and no malice was intended.

Trolling.jpg

:net::net::net::net::net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back