• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Id like too keep Sturrock,done a great job and i very much doubt if he left we could attract a manager of his quality too replace him.

If Ron lets Sturrock go it will be one of the barmiest things he has done yet, and he's done a few. This is not an easy club to manage and it's to PS's credit that fans have been fairly able to enjoy the football without worrying about things behind the scenes, which remain as serious as ever.

Despite all the issues he has put together a squad capable of getting out of this division last year, and he's done it again this year despite losing what we would have seen as key men (Dickinson, Hall, Ferdinand, Mohsni, Grant) at the end of last season. Unlike with previous managers I am always confident, should we be playing poorly at half time, that Sturrock will pinpoint what is wrong and change it accordingly. More often than not, he succeeds.

You will never please everyone and he's taken his fair share of stick from some fans but he's up there with the best managers I've seen in charge of this football club. Unfortunately, it's a results business but with the money some clubs have spent (Fleetwood/Rotherham), it really isn't a level playing field these days and Ron needs to see that if promotion is not achieved this time around.

I agree with a lot of what Jai has just said, 83 points would have got us promotion 6 out of the last 7 seasons. If PS contract isn't renewed I wonder how many player who's contracts are also up for renewal will go as well. Not many managers could have brought the players in like he has.

I know he was not Southampton manager for long but it was in the Premiership. This is where he currently stands. We are very lucky indeed to have him as manager. Long may it continue.

_65372077_3c716830-9e65-4d84-88ad-a283a04078fc.jpg

Managerial records for Southampton in the Premier League. Source: Opta

I agree with a lot of what Jai has just said, 83 points would have got us promotion 6 out of the last 7 seasons. If PS contract isn't renewed I wonder how many player who's contracts are also up for renewal will go as well. Not many managers could have brought the players in like he has.

The disappointment of the play offs clouded this, and I made a point of highlighting at the time. Last season was a good league performance, with a disappointing result.

This season has been better from a football perspective, but we are well behind or points total of last season and whilst we still may manage to go up it will no doubt have to be with less points.

The disappointment of the play offs clouded this, and I made a point of highlighting at the time. Last season was a good league performance, with a disappointing result.

This season has been better from a football perspective, but we are well behind or points total of last season and whilst we still may manage to go up it will no doubt have to be with less points.

I can live with that! :winking:
More seriously, whilst everyone is rightly buzzing about Tuesday night and others are altering their focus to Accrington on Saturday, if it doesn't make you too nervous, perhaps we should open our eyes a little wider to the remaining league games this month, especially the two immediately following Saturday. On Tuesday we host Cheltenham and the following Saturday Northampton.........with Wycombe (improving) and Barnet away, following the second Orient encounter, you can't help feeling that our chances of automatic promotion could take a giant step towards being decided by the end of the month. Food for thought! :unsure:

I think with so many teams in with a chance of the play-offs / automatics , there will be many twists and turns to come in the next few months.
In fact , I'll go as far as saying "it will twist and turn like a twisty turny thing".

Hold on to your hats and your sanity , buckle up and enjoy the ride.

In Luggy we trust !

We are well behind but when you think of the goals we lost in Bilel, Hall and Kane, I think Luggy has done a very good job in the circumstances this year. I dont think anyone expected top 6 when those 3 plus Granty left.
Sadly what Luggy hasnt been able to sort out is our persistenly poor home form.

We are well behind but when you think of the goals we lost in Bilel, Hall and Kane, I think Luggy has done a very good job in the circumstances this year. I dont think anyone expected top 6 when those 3 plus Granty left.
Sadly what Luggy hasnt been able to sort out is our persistenly poor home form.

........and that every time we appear to get a settled side, we get buggered with an injury to a key player. :sad:

Back