• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Own Goal

tommytwoholes

Sent an email to the commercial department regarding credit cards for season tickets last week sometime. After waiting a few days i decided to give them a call. The lady in the ticket office says she didn't really know all the info , but could put me through to someone who could help. After waiting a few minutes i get through to someone who could have been the tea lady for all i know. She basicly said " oh you need the ticket office" Yes your right i said!! I then got cut off. I received an email from the club this morning along the lines of " Credit cards were not taking them". The commercial department are only interested in getting new fans. Existing fans get treated like w@nkers. So no season ticket for me or my football pal and at £16.50 a game they can poke it up there £uckin ar$e. But i bet the moment the season starts i can buy a season ticket by credit card at full price. Ron Martin sort this PR nightmare out!!!!!
mad.gif

Agreed.

Do you know, when I asked if the players could come round my house and help me with my gardening this weekend, do you know what they said? They said the players were on their summer break now and they were sorry. Sorry! What good is that when I've got weeds growing out of my patio and my rose bush is dying. The directors at this club should think of the fans for once, we put the money into the club. I sent them an e-mail saying that my order for the official SUFC mousemat is on hold until I get a better explanation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,12:21)]Agreed.

Do you know, when I asked if the players could come round my house and help me with my gardening this weekend, do you know what they said? They said the players were on their summer break now and they were sorry. Sorry! What good is that when I've got weeds growing out of my patio and my rose bush is dying. The directors at this club should think of the fans for once, we put the money into the club. I sent them an e-mail saying that my order for the official SUFC mousemat is on hold until I get a better explanation.
WICKED!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Very good !! I see what youve done there youve just been a sarcastic b@stard . Didn't stop me smiling when i read it though!!!
I never said i expected them to change there policy i just wanted a decent explanation and not to get mugged off by the ticket office who dont know there @rse from there elbow. I reckon there are lots of people who cant find over £300 just like that. That is why you put it on the card!!! So when we get less season ticket holders next year the club will know why.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 18 2004,12:37)]Very good !! I see what youve done there youve just been a sarcastic b@stard . Didn't stop me smiling when i read it though!!!
I never said i expected them to change there policy i just wanted a decent explanation and not to get mugged off by the ticket office who dont know there @rse from there elbow. I reckon there are lots of people who cant find over £300 just like that. That is why you put it on the card!!! So when we get less season ticket holders next year the club will know why.
Spot On !!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 18 2004,12:37)]Very good !! I see what youve done there youve just been a sarcastic b@stard . Didn't stop me smiling when i read it though!!!
laugh.gif
Sorry, just having a laff. Basically its to do with Southend credit card merchant not giving them all the money up front for ticket sales, but wanting to pay them over the course of 10 months, which SUFC don't want to do, if they can help it.

PS, why not pay on a Debit card and transfer the balance to a credit card, if need be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,13:41)]
[b said:
laugh.gif
Sorry, just having a laff. Basically its to do with Southend credit card merchant not giving them all the money up front for ticket sales, but wanting to pay them over the course of 10 months, which SUFC don't want to do, if they can help it.

PS, why not pay on a Debit card and transfer the balance to a credit card, if need be.
What's your credit card number, Steve?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 18 2004,12:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,12:41)]PS, why not pay on a Debit card and transfer the balance to a credit card, if need be.
that's what I'm doing.

biggrin.gif
Indeed, its what I'd do if I could commit myself to a season ticket.

You should thank the club for not putting you further into debt by not allowing you to use your credit card. Just think if you bought you ticket which had an APR of 18% and you paid back £50 a month for the season ticket you would be charged £24.47 in interest alone, and if you add payment protection this could be upto £28 which means your season ticket would end up costing £333 instead of £305

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 18 2004,13:02)]You should thank the club for not putting you further into debt by not allowing you to use your credit card. Just think if you bought you ticket which had an APR of 18% and you paid back £50 a month for the season ticket you would be charged £24.47 in interest alone, and if you add payment protection this could be upto £28 which means your season ticket would end up costing £333 instead of £305
Blimey ! Intelligence on here at last !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,12:41)]Basically its to do with Southend credit card merchant not giving them all the money up front for ticket sales, but wanting to pay them over the course of 10 months, which SUFC don't want to do, if they can help it.
As Steveh1510 has correctly pointed out, you can't place all the blame with SUFC. As with most, if not all, other clubs, SUFC rely on the income that advance season ticket sales generate, to get them through the summer, while there's no other source of income. Credit Card Merchant Services, or whatever they're called, are basically denying the club this income by insisting it is spread over 10 months (i.e. the credit card companies would hold on to YOUR money and charge YOU interest on it but still not pass it on to the club!)
Do you think that's fair.

As for your problems with getting through to the ticket office, no response from commercial, being cut off etc. bear in mind that the club have recently had a change in personnel in these departments so try and have a little consideration, instead of whinging all the time!

Kev

I believe its an insurance issue as well, Credit card companies offer Insurance for if you lose the product, it breaks etc etc . This is insurance could be claimed on so if for some reason a football club was unable to fulfill its fixtures, therefore the credit card companies pay the "seller" in instalments as they are only delivering the "product" in instalments and they are in a position to refund for any unfulfilled fixtures. Consumer protection really

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Hobbit @ May 18 2004,13:15)]As for your problems with getting through to the ticket office, no response from commercial, being cut off etc.  bear in mind that the club have recently had a change in personnel in these departments so try and have a little consideration, instead of whinging all the time!

Kev
Thats the trouble with customers they want to pay £300 for a season ticket.....then complain about poor service whats the world coming to eh.
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 18 2004,14:51)]Hear this for a f**king own goal by those pr*cks in the commercial department. The season before last I had 7 executive boxes throughout the season even managed to get 4 up for the boring friendly against Canvey, because I support the club and want to promote and give as much help to the funds as I could, At the start of the season I was asked if I would like to sponsor a player, Yer why not if I can help the club I will. So I spoke to a gentleman who I did buisness with locally and we decided for £500 that we would sponsor Jamie Stuart home and away, After the 1st 3rd of the season with me informing the club every week that they have spelt my buisness partners name wrong (Greg is not spelt KEN)they finally changed it. All season I never used my free tickets never once spoke or even intoduced to Jamie Stuart (I did meet him last year in Southend and introduced myself, but nothing from the club) Now for the players player of the year award, anight I was looking forward to, I was f**king not only amazed, but f**king gutted to read on hear that the night had passed me. What the f**k is going on with those useless over paid group of un educated, 'Jobs for the Boys' Department they call the commercial department?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

I called the club yesterday to just ask the question, not moan , left my number with some one who couldn't give a f**k..... sorry didnt know the answered, she informed me she would pass my number on to BW who would call me back , but yet nothing. Molly your pretty sharp to come on here giving it the big one all the time, Ill expect my apology on the phone within 20 minutes then shall I, Ooh you may want to check your customer charter again.

Cockles Cross and f**king Scary
Moley is no more...Scriven's the man you want. You know where to reach him, Cockles.

it amazes that this club still is not capable of getting it right
ever, when you consider that Dave Jobson, Brian Dear are
on 26K a year and Brian Wheeler on 42K a year, you would
think for these salaries they would pull their fingers out.
Our debt is increasing daily and yet everyone comes on here
and thinks everything is rosy. I suspect Mr Cockles you shirt
has already been sold for cash to some mug at the function
last week.

still never mind you too can enrol in the new season ticket
scheme

I noticed something on SSN last night about this happening at Man *spit* U, so it could well be a general problem with credit card companies.

Maybe if all clubs refuse credit cards, the card companies will change their policy, wouldnt hold my breath though, and it doesnt help those trying to buy season tickets for this season.

edited.. just remembered, manure aren't refusing credit cards, just adding a surcharge

Back