• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i dont want to go over the top about youth players because they must be good enough,but i think as a club we sign lads on 1 year pro contracts,and seem to waste that year by not giving them a chance.there future is to often blocked by loan players, if you give a lad a 1 year deal then play him, if not whats the point, i happen to think brown will look at the young players

Can we please stop banging on about Crewe every time there's a thread about young players? They are an exception, and they have a reputation for their youth academy which means that they get good-quality youngsters who stay with them. Whenever we produce a half-talented player they end up being snapped up by a bigger club, as happens with most clubs outside the Premier League, a situation which will only get worse with the changes they're making to the academy system. If you look at the history of the youth players we've let go, how many of them have actually gone on to play professionally? Very few. It was good to see Pinnock and Njie come on yesterday, though, and I hope, if they're good enough, that we see more of them next season.

Back