• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oldham Athletic vs Southend United

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT : Oldham 1 Southend United FC 1

Happy with a point away at Oldham TBH

Roll on Tuesday and a massive three points please because I am showing my ugly mug at the Theatre of Broken Dreams (Roots Hall )

Even with everyone fit, our options and squad depth is nowhere good enough compared to other teams you feel
Yes it appears we are way off the top teams, not Kev's fault and I love him to bits but I do have to agree with some critics when you look at how many points we have given away from a winning position and a lot of goals conceded following us making changes.

We do have a get 1 goal and park the bus mentality and it isn't working and needs to change otherwise we will talking about survival not play offs.

The frustration is this isn’t a one off. Maher is a great man manager but time and time again our game management from winning positions is a clear weakness. That’s not opinion, that’s fact. Just look at the results..
He has players on the bench that could play up front (like Wood who he’s brought on after conceding), or Pepple could have stayed on.

Sorry I forgot we can’t question anything anymore because of what’s happened in the last year 🙄
Perfectly fine opinion to hold, although it suffers from the distinct disadvantage of being entirely wrong.

On one count you folk are judging Mahers managerial record at the club in the midst of countless transfer embargoes limiting our signings and strength in depth. On another, it seems you completely ignore the desire of the other team to score. This isn't the premier league, as you go down the divisions the number of 'win-to-nil' and 'win from winning positions' results go down, THAT is a fact.

1-1. Certainly a good result for us.

A patchy performance though, but we looked the most likely to get the winner in additional time. Moncur is now fully fit and keeps running strongly right to the end.

Two reasons. The failure having have a full week to bring in another forward for Cardwell. Other clubs have, no reason we shouldn’t have

2nd reason, it is on Kev tactically. We’ve withdrawn our only striker and changed formation. Stay as we were, we have Wood, Wind, Faulkner and McDonald on the bench. The point is we need to play with a player occupying their central defenders otherwise we drop deep and they push up. It isn’t rocket science
OK He had a week - say there re just crap players out there or players who have not done a Pre-Season and not match fit because they are the only ones we can sign

Kev Tactically etc...........We withdrew our only striker .......was that a tactical move or because he was knackered as above? That doesn't leave too many options other than play 5 across the middle and 5 t the back unless thou have some other formation you can play with the players who were available!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back