• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Oldham Athletic (away) - Saturday 7th September 3pm

Anybody know the best way to get to oldham or the Southend fans pub from the city centre. If it’s tram where do I need to get off.
It’s a bit out the way, you can get the tram into the town centre, but then it’s probably about a mile and a half walk to the ground.

There is a premier inn which has a pub attached not far from the ground. It’s a walk or a taxi job from the town centre.

Anybody know the best way to get to oldham or the Southend fans pub from the city centre. If its tram where do I need to get off.
All the trams in Manchester are clearly marked out regarding destinations. However my last and only trip to Oldham was by car so I have no idea how far a tram stop would be from the ground.

Anybody know the best way to get to oldham or the Southend fans pub from the city centre. If its tram where do I need to get off.

Got the answer for you:

Pink/grey tram line from Manchester Victoria if supping in Manchester. Westwood is the closest tram stop to the ground - 15/20 min walk depending on your pace. We’re not spoilt for pubs close to the ground but there are a couple. If supping in Oldham, get off the tram a couple of stops later in Oldham Central (fox and pine a good pub in town). You’ll want a 5/10 min taxi to the ground from there.

As a naive youngster travelling from Manchester Victoria to watch our beloved Blues in 73 at Rochdale, passed a station called Oldham Mumps!
I couldn't believe a station was the same as an infectious disease.
Am assuming the team are travelling on Friday with tents and bedding down in a local park?
Shrimpers headed by train on the day, be warned.
This looks the season for train torture.
Spent three extra hours on GRW at the weekend back and forth to London. At one stage, like the Fylde express, we were a 'stranded' train.

Of memory serves. Last time I went on a Tuesday there was a brewers fayre or something right by the ground.

Not really my idea of a decent pub tbh

Maybe ill just stay in Manchester proper before getting a tram etc.

Of memory serves. Last time I went on a Tuesday there was a brewers fayre or something right by the ground.

Not really my idea of a decent pub tbh

Maybe ill just stay in Manchester proper before getting a tram etc.
Yeah that’s the one

ATTENTION TO ALL THOSE GOING BY ROAD!

Be aware that the closure of the M62 will significantly impact your arrival at Boundary Park. I used to live in the area and it will be a NIGHTMARE!

I hope the club are aware of this and plans have been made to accommodate this.

Good luck to one and all.

UTB!

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Brewer's Fayre pub is now closed, save for serving the Premier Inn guests' breakfasts.

Premier Inn have done this with a lot of Brewer's Fayres, and are believed to be looking to convert parts of their buildings into more rooms for the hotel.

ATTENTION TO ALL THOSE GOING BY ROAD!

Be aware that the closure of the M62 will significantly impact your arrival at Boundary Park. I used to live in the area and it will be a NIGHTMARE!

I hope the club are aware of this and plans have been made to accommodate this.

Good luck to one and all.

UTB!
I can’t believe a NL club would choose to travel to an away game by Road considering the number of roadworks and traffic snarl ups we get in this country, I hope they set off Wednesday at the latest etc etc

Back