• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At Bury due to over heavy-handed policing a fan standing in-front of my Father-in-Law and me was arrested. We got access to the cells to let the police know they had got it wrong. Now, Bury police may have been over officious, but they were not the brightest and as made no attempt to stop us leaving by a door that led straight to the players tunnel and dressing rooms. Bingo. At the final whistle we was stood in the players tunnel and also wandered into the dressing room when players came off the pitch...until we were sussed out and led out by our ear'oles!

If your referring to who I think you are, he sued Greater Manchester Police for wrongful arrest, and eventually won & got £3k compensation.

IIRC, GMP graded the match as Grade 1, expecting a large contingent from us and also expecting trouble.

I was down near the front and to the right of the goal just before half-time and witnessed people being arrested, including the fella and son mentioned above.

Remember it like it was yesterday. Things had escalated with Pat Scully's sending off just before half-time and GMP took it as an opportunity to wade in and nick a few people.

Think that made the victory even sweeter than it already was!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to cop a volley of him this week. I think all that Sangria is making him go all European on us; and don't even get me started on Oz and his Schnapps benders.

cheeky sod(part 2)
Looks like Southend fans in the Rookery end Watford...even 103 years ago

cheeky sod(part 2)
Looks like Southend fans in the Rookery end Watford...even 103 years ago

Hmmm ...... unlikely.

Watford played at their Cassio Road ground in those days !

Vicarage Road was first used in 1922.

Millwall 1 Southend 1....16th August 2008. Red Rum scores for us. We would go on to finish 8th that season in League One. We had striker trouble with the top scorer only on Eleven (Lee Barnard). It was patched up with loan strikers/wingers from higher league clubs that season. Stanislas, Robson-Kanu and Theo Robinson. Peter Clarke was player of the season.

Last edited:
27th October 1990. This is the home game against Bury. The away game with the famous Benjy goal has been covered many times on here, and of course in this thread. The season before we had just been promoted to the 3rd Division. Could Webby lead us on to an unlikely and difficult double promotion? Off course he could. We seem to be Bury's bogey team over the years. When this game was played we were top of the 3rd Division. It features one of the best penalty saves I've ever seen. I was right behind the goal. He pushes it onto the bar and post and then knocks it behind the goal whilst still on the floor.

Last edited:
Back