• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 1

Very happy indeed!! Didn't want you having any morale advantage for next week Muse!!

Shows the disadvantage of having a lack of batting depth, their top 4 are out of this world but once we got through them we sliced them open. Diggers went for loads but got the hattrick when I mattered. Special mention to Gustav who is my 6th bowler but his figures were awesome today.

I have the sold up team next week so should be 2 for 2. Will also mean good gate receipts for the cup game on Sunday and the FC game next week.

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 10 runs.
ShrimperZone CC 262-4
Up Goes The Finger 252-7

UGTF are the sort of side I can't imagine my team beating, particularly as my batting lacks depth this season. I expect a double relegation this season, anything but that would be a success.

Ridiculous: finished on 225/3 chasing 229.

With five overs left I needed 31 from 30 balls with 7 wickets in hand. The last 2 overs went for 8 runs. OK, maybe I lose that game 2 out of 10 times, but the only way you lose from the position is if you lose wickets. That was a walk in the park with two "in" batsmen.

Won by 28 runs

Reporter's Summary
2nd Chance Southend United
Top Order: elite exquisite
Middle Order: quality sensational
Lower Order: abysmal mediocre
Seam Bowling: phenomenal elite
Spin Bowling: elite useless
Fielding: proficient respectable
MOTM: Stonebridge

Bugger. Not only did I lose the opening game comfortably the post match ratings in all my games are leading me to think 5th or 6th target is out of my reach. I clearly should have held back in previous promotions as I overstretched the wages and now have a squad of 15, realistically 13. I have a trainee to buy and a couple of mill spare (maybe 2.5) for a squad player. On the basis he won't improve on the 13 I have I may sit on the money and take my chances. Good job I'm out of the cup.

won by 88 runs. 251 for 7, beat their 163 ao. Allan got 5-24, Perry got 110 not out.

Napster's XI Optimus Prime
Top Order: phenomenal superb
Middle Order: proficient exceptional
Lower Order: woeful worthless
Seam Bowling: exquisite wonderful
Spin Bowling: elite sensational
Fielding: feeble mediocre
MOTM: Allan

Back