• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD Match 9

£841K. I can't really sustain that, will be selling one of the over 100k per week mob in a few weeks. Planning to make my money through selling trainees.

Barrowdale exorcises his demons by ripping out their lower order with a nice 5-26. We look comfy.

End of Over 19: 76-1, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=3.10 (171-10)
Walcott 3-0-22-0
Lamey* 26 (20 balls)
Sandile 31 (66 balls)

Last Wicket: Cunningham Run Out 19 (FOW: 45/1)

Not going to plan, its fair to say ...

End of Over 19: 63-7, runrate=3.32, reqrunrate=4.87 (213-8)
Ardley 4-0-9-3
Johnson* 2 (5 balls)
Zamora 26 (54 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamb c. De bruyns b. Skelton 3 (FOW: 58/7)

Mrs BB getting hammered. Muse, how much is your wage bill now??

Edit - Worked it out (£841,059). How are you affording that ??

Sold around £35m worth of players and bought £30m worth. The 5m spare will erode by the end of the season but I'll be selling one then and hopefully one trainee. I have 4 players above 100k per week, it's not sustainable.

Not quite as close as last time!

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 9 wickets.
Here All Week 171-10
ShrimperZone CC 172-1

Here All Week ShrimperZone CC
Top Order: elite phenomenal
Middle Order: phenomenal exquisite
Lower Order: competent proficient
Seam Bowling: elite elite
Spin Bowling: masterful elite
Fielding: proficient proficient

MOTM: Barrowdale

lost by 200-odd runs. in level iv and the ratings are way too much for me!

TopHeavy Napster's XI
Top Order: masterful exceptional
Middle Order: masterful superb
Lower Order: feeble abysmal
Seam Bowling: elite exceptional
Spin Bowling: masterful exceptional
Fielding: mediocre mediocre
MOTM: Woolner

YES!!!!!!!!!!! We finally ****ing beat them, 14th time of asking, puts me in the driving seat for promotion! Get in.

We made 272-4 after being 45-3, a magnificent 136 not out from Bob Birkett and a vital 65 from Last down at number 5. Won by 7 runs.

Southchurch Village CC FreshTeam
Top Order: exceptional exceptional
Middle Order: quality remarkable
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: exceptional exceptional
Spin Bowling: miraculous exceptional
Fielding: feeble mediocre
MOTM: Birkett

Although looking at Napster in IV i may well get tonked but this being my 7th season in the division it would be nice to play some other teams!

Last edited:
Won convincingly to maintain 100% record. Next week is a bot followed by 5th and 6th place. Last game is tough but I'm slight favourite. Might still scrape it with one loss. I'm currently 23rd above the autopromotion line and there are 72 with one loss or less below the line and a better RR.

I will be much better placed to face division IV next time around. Today I achieved

ShrimperZone Vets CC Cambridge Club Cleethorpes
Top Order: exceptional exceptional
Middle Order: remarkable competent
Lower Order: woeful feeble
Seam Bowling: exquisite remarkable
Spin Bowling: masterful phenomenal
Fielding: competent competent

And I have around 6 mill in the warchest to strengthen my batting
line up when I promote together with ongoing training that is coming along nicely. Hopefully i wont be in a) a tough league like I was last time or b) Napster current div IV

Back