• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD Match 9

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
Southchurch Village CC vs Fresh Team

A rare starter for me simply because this has turned out to be an unexpected chance at consolidating my place at the top of the league and a real shout at promotion to level IV. The problem is i've lost all 13 matches between the two of us, although I have been 'losing by less' in recent seasons as my trainees either have or are now coming to fruition.

I'll have a full strength team out on my usual green pitch, PC&H weather forecast. This match is not the be all and end all though as they have to face Aztecs on the last day who beat FT this season but a win for us would just be quality. I beat Aztecs twice this season very comfortably and they are better than me on paper so surely a victory against my bogey side, who are better than me on paper, isn't totally out of the question. We'll see if the Battrick Gods are looking down on me tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here All Week v ShrimperZone CC

Lost with two balls remaining last time after Barrowdale went for 86 runs so should be close again.

Good start!

End of Over 4: 5-1, runrate=1.25
Barrowdale 2-0-3-0
Archibald* 2 (4 balls)
Lloyd 2 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Azeez c. Benjamin b. Digana 1 (FOW: 1/1)

Send United v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We're 3rd, playing the division's BOT. Got a full-strength side out on a GFI, even though all 5 bowlers are at Energetic, as I want to boost my NRR as much as possible.

It's going to plan so far...

We can tell you that Send United won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

End of Over 10: 19-6, runrate=1.90
Burns 5-3-5-1
Wheat* 2 (4 balls)
Tucker 0 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Kelly b. Singh 0 (FOW: 17/6)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Southend

3rd placed Mrs BB takes on 6th placed Muse in the SZ derby. Mutual TIE agreed between them, so a full-strength side out for Mrs BB.

Early wicket for Muse, but Stride has led the recovery.

We can tell you that Southend won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 10: 40-1, runrate=4.00
Rennie 5-0-19-0
Stride* 26 (30 balls)
Mackin 4 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Potter Run Out 9 (FOW: 19/1)

We remembered to organise the mutual TIE this time BB! Shame I've picked a worthless WK by mistake here.

Last edited:
Oops !

Mind you I've managed to do that in BT20 this week, somehow got my captain and WK mixed up. Ended up with Worthless Leadership Evelyn in charge, and Worthless WK Ricketts behind the sticks.

It's too easy to do when swapping players around. I had to incorporate two new batsmen this week and forgot to move the WK order along with the batsman. Oh well!

Time for the two spinners to come on. I wonder if the wicketkeeping equivalent of Danish Kaneria will get any stumpings.

End of Over 14: 68-1, runrate=4.86
Last 2-0-8-0
Stride* 49 (50 balls)
Mackin 5 (15 balls)

Well we've completed one half of the task successfully, now to need to knock this off inside 3 overs if poss. Singh returned career best figures of 7-4-9-8

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 14: 21-10, runrate=1.50
Frazer 1-0-1-1
Nurse* 0 (2 balls)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB starting to kick on...

DIBS DIPPERS v Southend

Southend won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 14: 68-1, runrate=4.86
Last 2-0-8-0
Stride* 49 (50 balls)
Mackin 5 (15 balls)

Legendary Knights v Southend United

End of Over 15: 47-2, runrate=3.13
Ahmed 4-1-11-1
Hulse* 0 (5 balls)
Wright 9 (18 balls)
Last Wicket: Hoult c & b. Ahmed 16 (FOW: 40/2)

Ended up with Worthless Leadership Evelyn in charge, and Worthless WK Ricketts behind the sticks.
Probably got better fielding though.

Seamers have made early hay on the green pitch, plenty of batting to come though and the spinners are now on for the next 25 overs.

End of Over 15: 44-3, runrate=2.93
Marriott 1-0-6-0
De beer* 10 (34 balls)
Sagren 23 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Lloyd b. Digana 6 (FOW: 14/3)

Knocked them off in 3.1 overs, so +6.84 NRR.

And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 10 wickets.
Send United 21-10
BATTY SHRIMPERS 23-0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a fight-back from Muse, looks like Stride is going to be the key for Mrs BB.

DIBS DIPPERS v Southend

End of Over 22: 91-3, runrate=4.14
Blaney 1-0-1-0
Stride* 55 (71 balls)
Morgan 8 (21 balls)

Last Wicket: Hutton b. Shyjal 7 (FOW: 75/3)

Knocked them off in 3.1 overs, so +6.84 NRR.
BT rounds to the end of the over so I make that 5.33.

Our spinners are throwing the game away for us after the great start.

End of Over 29: 121-3, runrate=4.17
Marriott 8-0-45-0
Sagren* 62 (55 balls)
De beer 48 (83 balls)

Last Wicket: Lloyd b. Digana 6 (FOW: 14/3)

Benji's been the best of the three spinners by a mile and has made a vital breakthrough before the final 10.

End of Over 36: 150-4, runrate=4.17
Benjamin 8-0-29-1
Sagren* 77 (75 balls)
Leeds 1 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: De beer c. Barrowdale b. Benjamin 61 (FOW: 148/4)

Nice bowling performance. Blaney took 4-18 in his 10 overs.

End of Over 45: 147-10, runrate=3.27
Rennie 7-0-21-2
Kealey* 3 (13 balls)

I have the following to chase in this 3rd (them) vs 4th (me) battle. Im GFI'ing as want to get the boys on a roll and have home FC and OD games next week. Missed out of my trio of bowlers this morning due to them being sold at rather awkward times!!

Welcome to Jaggeral CG (JCG) for the match between jaggeral cc and General Stars.

We can tell you that General Stars won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 50: 213-8, runrate=4.26
Richardson 10-0-40-2
Skelton* 37 (34 balls)
Ardley 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Doncon c. Browne b. Richardson 5 (FOW: 213/8)

end of Over 4: 12-1, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=6.09 (291-5)
Lovatt 2-0-9-1
Jefferson* 5 (8 balls)
Allan 7 (11 balls)
Last Wicket: Perry c. Hudson b. Lovatt 0 (FOW: 2/1)

need to up te run rate

Museshrimper said:
Nice bowling performance. Blaney took 4-18 in his 10 overs.

End of Over 45: 147-10, runrate=3.27
Rennie 7-0-21-2
Kealey* 3 (13 balls)

Mrs BB getting hammered. Muse, how much is your wage bill now??

Edit - Worked it out (£841,059). How are you affording that ??

DIBS DIPPERS v Southend

End of Over 18: 106-1, runrate=5.89, reqrunrate=1.31 (147-10)
Kealey 4-0-22-1
Tsietsi* 34 (46 balls)
Raisani 2 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Guneratne c. Mohammed b. Kealey 66 (FOW: 104/1)

Last edited:
Back