• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norwich v Southend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 26 2006,22:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Dec. 26 2006,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 26 2006,20:06)]Thought Lee Badbuy was hopeless today, though. Unfortunately I just don't think the guy can hack it at this level anymore. He is sooo slow it makes me cringe!
I've always thought Bradbury was never upto Championship standard.

He was good last season on the wing in League One, but he's seriously out of his depth in the Championship.
Have you changed your mind about JCR now Tony?  
wink.gif
Well i didn't go today, but against Birmingham i actually thought he did ok and was unlucky to be subbed off.

The jurys still out for me.

One game he can do really well, the next he's back to his usual.

rock.gif

My view on the game:

Flav's - Another great performence played really well again. Think he might end up gathering interest soon from bigger clubs if he keeps it up.

Hammell - Was good but tended to give the ball away a little too much for my liking.

Sodje - Shakey start made a couple of stupid mistakes which gave Earnshaw a couple of chances which he then went onto fluff! NO WAY A SENDING OFF! Shame.

Clarke - Best performence in a the famous Blues shirt, stopped everything thrown at him, especially proud of that stop from Earnshaw's pounding shot that I thought was a definate goal but out Clarkey comes from no where to block it with his stomach.

Hunt - Poor performences of recent but had an above average game today was up and down the pitch doing well both ends. Hats off to the lad hopefully some more performences like that please Lewis.

Gower - Another good game from Gower nice to see him getting stuck in.

Maher - Had a very good game I thought one of his better with myself not being a fan of him but played well. Only critisim is HE SHOULD NOT take the corners I think the short corners are a complete waste of time!

Riera - First 60 mins I have seen of him unfortunately had to be replaced for a tactical substitution for when Sodje was wrongly sent off. I was actually quite impressed got stuck in and made a couple of good runs hopefully he could be a good player.

Campbell-Ryce - Well what can I say best player on the pitch by FAR! Not the usual selfish Ryce who loves his step over's he got the ball run down the wing and crossed it for most of the first half. Second half he was back on the step over's but caused Norwich absolute havoc!! A 10/10 performence.

Harold - Was not really to great didn't really cause much of a threat to Norwich's defence and was rightly replaced by the man who should of started Gary Hooper.

Bradbury - Best performence he has had since coming back from injury, he actually had a couple of shots on goal and looked like finally getting back to match fitness. One goal Bradders that's all you need then you will start scoring for fun.

Subs:

Barrett - Good to see him back in the game and was defensively strong as usual and hope to see him back in the starting 11 soon.

Hooper - Not really given enough time to shine but played well for the brief time he was on. Still think he should of started!

Norwich - Can't quite understand how they are doing so bad with the team they have got. Some quality players and the top goal scorer in the Championship.

Referee : Mr Hall - Absolutely shocking one of the worst ref's Sodje's tackle was no way a sending off. Was very happy to dish out the cards and blow his whistle.

Match Rating - 8/10 - Would of got a higher score with a couple of goals but an all round exciting game!

Ricey's Man Of the Match: Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Not sure if I'm happy with the point or not. We had at least three golden opportunities to take the lead in the first half. Would Freddy have buried any of them ? No, because he would have been 20 yards behind play with his hands on his hips. Harrold is not the answer either. By the time he gets the ball under control the kettle hasn't only boiled the tea is well on its way to stewing, so it's either Hooper, Paynter or another signing with the 50p that we'll get from Eastwood going.

Was Sodje's sending off harsh looking back ? Well it was certainly a reckless challenge. I would have had no complaints if the referee, having set the precedent, was consistent. How the hell Dublin stayed on the pitch is beyond me. If the linesman saw enough to call the referee over then a red card has to be an option. A shame for a great player like Dublin, who we couldn't get near to at all in the air, to ruin his performance with filth.

Still, performance-wise it cannot be knocked. After going down with a whimper on Saturday we came out fighting after a rocky start and should really have walked away with all three points. JCR had an absolutely storming game and Maher wasn't too far behind him. Defensively no complaints really. It was backs to the wall stuff at times but Clarke's last two performance have been very encouraging.

When push comes to shove that's still only 1 point from 6 which means anything less than 2 wins in the next week signifies a poor Xmas campaign which will probably cement the inevitable.

I don't think seven points was ever a realistic target from this run of games. Five points always seemed to me to be a far more achieveable goal and one that would still set us up well for the New Year where the fixtures are noticeably easier. If we can get a win and a draw from the next two then I'd say thats been a decent Christmas considering how difficult the games were.

I'm not gonna deny that I'm a big critic of JCR, and I still am - he set up two penalties last season (Barnsley home & Hartlepool away) and nothing else last season or this which clearly isn't good enough.

I thought JCR had his best game for us today, though, and even got a few decent crosses in.

Did we miss Freddy? On current form, no. However Lee Bradbury is not the answer! Matt Harrold didn't have a great game today, but to take him off ahead of Badbuy was, for me,outrtageous. I'm adament Gary Hooper would have caused Norwich (who in Gary Docherty have the worst player I've ever seen) a few problems.

Just thought I'd reply so I can clock up 500 posts! Although I had over 2000 before the last Board went down a few years back and about 300 under the guise of 'LittleGazette'! (any chance of these getting added, admin
smile.gif
)

M

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimpermick @ Dec. 26 2006,22:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 26 2006,20:06)]Poor consistancy from Mr Hall (who, incidently sent-off three Blues players at Swansea in 1998).
What a great day that was!!!!!!!!

Memories and all that.
Of course Mick, you can't get this mixed up with the second time (it's only happened twice!) we had three off at Swansea! The second one was certainly memorable!

yesterday was a great day, norwich is a very nice place with a very nice ground.

on the day we more than matched them and should have come away with 3 points.

sodje's sending off was a deffinate yellow but never a red, i have seen it since on tv and there is no intent and he is clearly going for the ball.

the ref (as we are used to) was shocking, every decision he got wrong, for and against us. mostly against. the amount of hand balls they did was terrible. the linesman was also shocking.

jcr had a cracking game and make there left back panick everytime jcr got the ball, so much that he had to foul him every time.

also thought barrett filled in very well, had a solid performance and i am so glad he's back. everyone had a pretty decent game but didnt think much of reira!

but well done lads the norwich fans really didnt like the result!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 27 2006,02:12)]Just thought I'd reply so I can clock up 500 posts! Although I had over 2000 before the last Board went down a few years back and about 300 under the guise of 'LittleGazette'! (any chance of these getting added, admin
smile.gif
)

M
You must win the 'Anorak of the year' for that post!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 27 2006,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 27 2006,02:12)]Just thought I'd reply so I can clock up 500 posts! Although I had over 2000 before the last Board went down a few years back and about 300 under the guise of 'LittleGazette'! (any chance of these getting added, admin
smile.gif
)

M
You must win the 'Anorak of the year' for that post!
smile.gif
I was wearing my Anorak at the time, too!

tounge.gif

i thought your build up play was pretty good you just lacked a midfielder or striker with some class.
what a disgraceful challenge by Sodje though, went over the ball straight into Etuhu leg with his studs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ncfc_chris @ Dec. 27 2006,14:06)]i thought your build up play was pretty good you just lacked a midfielder or striker with some class.
what a disgraceful challenge by Sodje though, went over the ball straight into Etuhu leg with his studs
Bollocks - was a yellow at most. Sodje is definitely not a dirty player. The ref was the one that went over the top!

Actually Roy, IMHO i think Sodje always lives on the edge with his defending. It was always going to culminate in a sending off one day. Don't get me wrong, the bloke is still a legend and our best defender.

i have seen it on tv and there was no intent and he just miss-judge the tackle. never a red. ref made it far worse my steaming over like he had a rocket up his arse. he did that on a number of occasions when it simply wasn't needed!

he made some shocking decisions, many against us but a few for us at the end. i don't know what he was thinking. and for the linesman our end second half he was shocking as well! missed a deliberate hand ball when it was as good as in his face!

Back