• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norwich v Southend

royfox

First XI
I thought Adam Barrett looked awesome when he came on today. I had a chat with him a couple of weeks back and he said that he was dieing to get back in the side and help out as we weren't doing too well.

Sodje sending off was a crime - looked a yellow at most for a late tackle.

Harrold didn't look match fit to me, and has got to learn to mix it a bit more up front and make some runs off the ball. But I still think he has potential.

Lee Bradbury - finally had a shot after three games, but looked off the pace.

Hope we can get three points at Coventry - a team who are struggling at the moment - and then its hi ho hi ho it's up the table we go!
smile.gif

Yep def agree with all that. AB was great when he came on.
JCR was excellent today - plenty more crosses and if he lost the ball he was always fighting for it back.
Bradbury does not seem to have enough pace - thought hooper shouldve been up front (after the red) with bradbury in midfield. Think he is going to be our nexyt big star potentially better than Eastwood he seems to have a great attitude.
Went home feeling robbed but well happy with a point.
Gutted that barnsley won as the gap to safety is now greater but we need to take full points from the next two games to stand a chance.
All in all was a good day and dont feel too disapointed.
Up the blues
smile.gif

I think Sodje's sending-off was justified, it was certainly reckless!

That said, Dickson Etuhu was lucky to stay on, at least three bookable offences resulting in just one yellow. Poor consistancy from Mr Hall (who, incidently sent-off three Blues players at Swansea in 1998).

Sodje had a mare today from the very moment he almost sliced a clearance past Darryl in the first minute.

Agreed, Adam Barrett did well, but so did Peter Clarke who has improved recently I feel.

Thought Lee Badbuy was hopeless today, though. Unfortunately I just don't think the guy can hack it at this level anymore. He is sooo slow it makes me cringe!

All fair comments so far. Ref was a joke. Bradders is indeed far to slow for this level. JCR worked his socks off as always. Couldn't fault the effort today, nearly nicked it at the death if only Kev Maher had a bit more belief in front of goal.

Keep this level of performance up and we might just survive?!

Fair comments, I thought Clarke was immense.

JCR was great - I couldnt help thinking we would have been 2 up at half time if The Goat had been around to get on the end of some of those crosses.

Jury's still out on Riera though. He had about 3 touches in the first half - and all of them went straight out for a throw. Let's hope Macca is fit for Coventry.

For what it's worth (i.e. not much) the Sky reporter at Carrow Road said that the red card was totally justified

I only saw a red card, so I'm sure it was a straight red. I felt it was late but not malicious. A yellow would have been suffice.

Am I the only person that saw the Dublin incident? Clarke gave him a litlle shove upon which Dublin stamped back into Clarkes shin. Linesman saw it and signalled ref who gave Dublin a yellow. Answers on a postacrd please...

JCR was awesome today, if someone had bothered to gamble and get on the end of his crosses we could've won. For once he coupled an end product with his usual tricks. His best match in a Southend shirt. Harold and Bradbury are far too slow to go together. Hooper should've started with one of them. Clarke, Hammell and Hunt were all very solid again.

Norwich attack like us, trying to pass it into the goal and lacking the final ball. Their fans were booing and singing what a load of rubbish at the end which was a bit harsh but hey. Nice stadium but poor atmosphere all round. You get all families on Boxing Day, plus we weren't behind the goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Dec. 26 2006,21:05)]Am I the only person that saw the Dublin incident?  Clarke gave him a litlle shove upon which Dublin stamped back into Clarkes shin.  Linesman saw it and signalled ref who gave Dublin a yellow.  Answers on a postacrd please...
I don't think many people saw it. Just saw Clarke kneeling on the floor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 26 2006,20:51)]I only saw a red card, so I'm sure it was a straight red. I felt it was late but not malicious. A yellow would have been suffice.
I believe it was a straight red, however he did already have a yellow earlier on ? so he got 1 red and 1 yellow today ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpador @ Dec. 26 2006,20:22)]Fair comments, I thought Clarke was immense.
Clarke should righty get a great deal of credit for a gargantuan performance today. He was a collossus at the back, much needed as Efe was strangely off key.

Good to see AB back to somewhere close to his best too and a mention should be made for Stevie Hammell, who I reckon played his best defensive game for us today by a country mile.

As far as I can tell, he hadn't already been booked - all I can find is as below.

Dublin (43) : Y
Shackell (73) : Y
Etuhu (76) : Y

Sodje (55) Violent Conduct : R

Hammell (85) Y

Dublin actually kicked Clarke. Couldn't believe it when he only got a yellow ! Efe's tackle was mistimed and ugly, could have been a yellow, certainly on par with some of the other yellows that the ref awarded against Norwich, but equally a red was not beyond possibility, but then surely their offences should have been red too !
Thought that we played well today, and with someone to put the ball in the net may well have got the win that our play deserved. Good to get a point though with just 10 men and encouraging for the rest of the season.

Didn't go today, but all these comments are really encouraging, have to get my Coventry ticket tomorrow.

Up the Blues!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 26 2006,20:06)]Thought Lee Badbuy was hopeless today, though. Unfortunately I just don't think the guy can hack it at this level anymore. He is sooo slow it makes me cringe!
I've always thought Bradbury was never upto Championship standard.

He was good last season on the wing in League One, but he's seriously out of his depth in the Championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Dec. 26 2006,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 26 2006,20:06)]Thought Lee Badbuy was hopeless today, though. Unfortunately I just don't think the guy can hack it at this level anymore. He is sooo slow it makes me cringe!
I've always thought Bradbury was never upto Championship standard.

He was good last season on the wing in League One, but he's seriously out of his depth in the Championship.
Have you changed your mind about JCR now Tony?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 26 2006,20:06)]Poor consistancy from Mr Hall (who, incidently sent-off three Blues players at Swansea in 1998).
What a great day that was!!!!!!!!

Memories and all that.

Back