• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norman Wabo

Sat behind him last night at the Billericay v Southend u23s match. Its good that he still is interested enough to watch us and see his old mates. Ricky Duncan was chatting to him a lot , and quite a few people came and wished him well + told him he should be playing for us !!!!
Seemed like a nice lad with a friendly nature. Surprised how short he was !!!!!!
FWIW i actually did rate him + agree that he wasnt handed the opportunities that he craved. But obviously we dont know how he trained - Michael Klass was another i rated but by all accounts in training he was a lazy so and so , despite being widely regarded by several of our players as being the most skillful in our squad. Its so frustrating when talent is wasted.

Sat behind him last night at the Billericay v Southend u23s match. Its good that he still is interested enough to watch us and see his old mates. Ricky Duncan was chatting to him a lot , and quite a few people came and wished him well + told him he should be playing for us !!!!
Seemed like a nice lad with a friendly nature. Surprised how short he was !!!!!!
FWIW i actually did rate him + agree that he wasnt handed the opportunities that he craved. But obviously we dont know how he trained - Michael Klass was another i rated but by all accounts in training he was a lazy so and so , despite being widely regarded by several of our players as being the most skillful in our squad. Its so frustrating when talent is wasted.
My Manager at work is a Bromley season ticket holder and they have been impressed with Klass (now he is getting game time). Don't think his future at Southend is dead and this loan could be very beneficial.

Norman scores again for Dartford. Grabs the first goal in their 0-2 away win at Eastbourne.

Keep i
I really hope Norman makes it, like the majority of our academy not given a proper run in the first team.

I really hope Norman makes it, like the majority of our academy not given a proper run in the first team.

How can you say that? Elvis? Bishop? Hutchinson? Kelman? all now firmly established in the first team, with Acquah, Rush and Taylor regularly featuring among the subs.

Wabo didn't get a run because of his attitude, no other reason. If his attitude had improved then maybe he would have been given more of a chance.

Keep i

It's been mentioned by someone else on here that he came back after a summer break in bad shape. During the break, players are obviously responsible for themselves, and are given advice and instructions. Measurements, weight, etc etc, are taken before the break, so any player not keeping fit or watching their weight and what they eat, will be quickly found out.
As for academy players not given a chance at Southend, I think it's the opposite. Loads have been given a chance. Some find the step up too far. Some don't, and go on to better things.

Played for Cheshunt today in their 3-2 defeat against Enfield. Not sure if he’s moved on from Dartford or if it’s just a loan.

Maybe he would pay to come and warm the bench for us? He had plenty of experience of that in his time here, unjustifiably in my opinion because he should have had more playing time - he definitely had something about him - but his confidence must be blown away by now.

Maybe he would pay to come and warm the bench for us? He had plenty of experience of that in his time here, unjustifiably in my opinion because he should have had more playing time - he definitely had something about him - but his confidence must be blown away by now.

I also rated Wabo, and the times I saw him play he seemed to have a lot of skill. Also thought the same about Amadou Ba, who also never got a look in. I heard a rumour that Wabo had a suspect temperament, but you could also conclude that his lack of opportunity could have affected his attitude?

They struck me as very different players, Ba full of work rate and movement but sometimes lacking a bit with the final ball or finish, Wabo a decent natural finisher with some skill but didn't always exert himself off the ball.

4 goals in 12 league games he isn't doubt too bad for a struggling side don't know 2hy he signed for Bowers

Back