• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Opening the North Bank has brought the atmosphere back to Roots Hall and we will need to address the 929 away fans issue for next year in League 1 anyway (after we run away with League 2 in the second half of the season!). It can't be that expensive to do - a couple of new gates and opening an couple of old turnstiles!!

Thats nice to know but could you give an indication of how much that is and whether it is best spent on a temporary measure.

cost anything from 10-18k

I would be confident we could raise the money via donations but like its been said depends on how far fossets farm is

The majority of our home fans don't go in the North, in fact I would hazard a guess that more people use the South stand than the North

Aaah but are they really fans in the South or treacherous individuals complicit with the corporate ne'er-do-wells that overlook the true supporters needs in pursuit of the coin? There's only one way to find out.......

I recall being moved from the North a few times in the 80's , two games against Sheffield United in particular.
Harry used to regail a couple of fine stories from those games.:sad:

I would be confident we could raise the money via donations but like its been said depends on how far fossets farm is

Well first off congratulations. No sarcasm. To be able to raise such figures for this kind of thing is impressive and worthy of note to all supporters of just how much some fans will do for their club. Your second point about how far away FF may be is the most relevant in terms of value. Either way, if the feeling is so strong that people want to shell out that kind of sum then hats off to you. A round of applause coming your way!:clap::clap::clap:

Well first off congratulations. No sarcasm. To be able to raise such figures for this kind of thing is impressive and worthy of note to all supporters of just how much some fans will do for their club. Your second point about how far away FF may be is the most relevant in terms of value. Either way, if the feeling is so strong that people want to shell out that kind of sum then hats of to you. A round of applause coming your way!:clap::clap::clap:

If work starts in a few months time with a fixed date then we will most likely wait but if we are looking at 2-3 years then I would certainly push for this

If work starts in a few months time with a fixed date then we will most likely wait but if we are looking at 2-3 years then I would certainly push for this

Thats really great. I have no doubt that if passion were turned into pounds our club would have no difficulties whatsoever. Brilliant!

Thats 52 quid per person if you are getting 350 people in the North and I bet a number wouldn't donate.

If you can raise that sort of money in donations can you sort the money out for the Tour next year, whilst you are at it because that would be one hell of an acheivement

The majority of our home fans don't go in the North, in fact I would hazard a guess that more people use the South stand than the North

The point I was trying to make was Id rather our fans had good seats throughout the stadium before worrying about away fans.

South Upper holds a few adn should be for home fans but at moment South Lower is fairly empty. Question is could it actually hold enough away fans if we were to go up and need to host 1000 + away supporters. Wouldnt have thought so.

The point I was trying to make was Id rather our fans had good seats throughout the stadium before worrying about away fans.

South Upper holds a few adn should be for home fans but at moment South Lower is fairly empty. Question is could it actually hold enough away fans if we were to go up and need to host 1000 + away supporters. Wouldnt have thought so.

Think your right.

Looking at the online ticket system & adding up one half gets you to around 450 seats, assuming its the same for the other 3 blocks gives you around 900, so we would fall short of the 10%.

I still think it's detremental to move our main vocal support when we have a large away following - and I am not a regular visitor to the North , so have no particular personal motive for this opinion.

Couldn't we give away fans South Lower and the family enclosure if needed, with part of the Family Enclosure for separation, plus the fencing in-between. - Then use the North Bank entrance for entrance to West Stand and we get the whole North Bank!

Of course, this needs a lot of effort, but surely this would encourage more people because things would kick-off with the visiting fans.

I still think it's detremental to move our main vocal support when we have a large away following - and I am not a regular visitor to the North , so have no particular personal motive for this opinion.

I would argue that on two fronts. Firstly I think the North Bank has led to less people making a noise in the stadium as a whole since pretty much no-one in the West gets involved anymore. When TBV were situated in there they used to encourage people such as me to join in...

Secondly, it makes sense from a financial point of view. If we can move our fans from the North Bank and relocate them in seats that would otherwise have been empty we can make room for more away fans, who will pay to get in. Therefore we are increasing our revenue for the match. I also suspect that Gillingham fans will be making a huge amount of noise (hangovers aside) which will hopefully encourage us to make more noise than usual, also hangovers aside.

I would argue that on two fronts. Firstly I think the North Bank has led to less people making a noise in the stadium as a whole since pretty much no-one in the West gets involved anymore. When TBV were situated in there they used to encourage people such as me to join in...

Secondly, it makes sense from a financial point of view. If we can move our fans from the North Bank and relocate them in seats that would otherwise have been empty we can make room for more away fans, who will pay to get in. Therefore we are increasing our revenue for the match. I also suspect that Gillingham fans will be making a huge amount of noise (hangovers aside) which will hopefully encourage us to make more noise than usual, also hangovers aside.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Nobody get involved in the west because WE moved from the west and took move with us!

The North does enough for the whole stadium how you can say it has lead to less noise is frankly laughable

Also do you not understand the importance of the atmosphere created??? I doubt it

I dont know why everyone keeps talking about the south lower, because, the south north is also connected to it so how would it work with the 10% aside. and am i not the only one who believes that our club is losing itself, and giving away fans the south (either bott or lower alone) would be another step towards losing our club because, if people remember, the south used to be our biggest and main stand so how could we give away fans that stand out of all the 4?, not offering a fix just something to think about

I agree with what you're saying in terms of the second point ( finances ) , and sure this is an issue for all teams outside of the Premier League ( and some in it ).
But in terms of atmosphere and vocal support for the team , TB and others have made a huge leap forward for our club and this should not be underestimated.
I know it will cost something , but you can't always put a price on everything , and to have the main vocal support permanently situated in one place behind the goal is somethign we should not give up lightly.

In addition , and I will admit this point has no substantial merit , for other teams fans to see our 'vocal support' having to move when they come to our ground is a little degrading to us IMO.
It just gives them a boost and a sense of superiority.

As I said before , no major team should be in the position where their 'main' ( not majority , but vocal ) presence has to move to accomodate others.

The North Bank has sufficient capacity to cover the Away fans regulations as well as having a totally segregated entrance and exit, it was modified in the 90's with away fans in mind and is the obvious choice.

Home fans have been in there for under a year for the first time in over 15 years , we have coped in higher leagues, won promotions etc with the North bank assigned to away fans.

Moving home fans to accomodate away fans in the North bank has been happening since the capacity of RH was dramatically reduced in the 80's

As for the atmosphere making a difference, we have got less points at home than we have away, so that point is debatable as well.

Season ticket holders in the North were made aware at the point the tickets were offered that this was unreserved seating and that this stand would be subject to change

Surely moving for one or two matches a season is the logical solution, it costs nothing and the only people inconvenienced are those who were fully aware of the possibilities well in advance and could have worked out which games it was likely to occur on months in advance .

Sure , if the money can be provided to allow for the 10% to be totally segregated in the other end of the Stand, modify, but for a handful of games over the next couple of years, with very little financial benefit in doing it I can't say it appears particularly financially prudent

I know it will cost something , but you can't always put a price on everything , and to have the main vocal support permanently situated in one place behind the goal is somethign we should not give up lightly.

The Fans gave up on it years ago !! When the Stand was built and the North designated for away fans the main vocal support all went and sat in different places and in the main , remain there to this date, an element reformed in the west after a while and have only got back into the North because away attendances allowed.
TBV have done a sterling job raising the noise levels at a time when the footbal couldn't manage it but lets not get carried away, the only reason the North was ever entertained as a place for home fans was because the ground was only ever half full

The Fans gave up on it years ago !! When the Stand was built and the North designated for away fans the main vocal support all went and sat in different places and in the main , remain there to this date, an element reformed in the west after a while and have only got back into the North because away attendances allowed.
TBV have done a sterling job raising the noise levels at a time when the footbal couldn't manage it but lets not get carried away, the only reason the North was ever entertained as a place for home fans was because the ground was only ever half full

The North was entertained because I made it happen and be under no illusion! I am not being big headed they are the facts and I have plenty of proof to back that up

There was a discussion about the North v Gillingham last night which I will NOT post here but suffice to say that the club will do it's best to ensure we have some presence in the North for that game. PM me if you want more details.

However, if anyone had any doubts about the impact the crowd has they should have been there last night. Both PS and SK lauded the home support from the North and said it was absolutely crucial we kept it if we could... it makes such a difference. Also, it drowns out the idiotic abuse from some which otherwise could be heard everywhere and makes players - who, bear in mind, are little more than kids (some of them) nervous and apprehensive.

Back