• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

Big supporter of Ron. Glad we got MM. I have no time for any Ranger return. Bring this miscreant back, and I don't care if he is now a saint, and I will consider the club to be a ridiculous joke of considerably bad taste. It would be the last time I say anything in support of Ron if this transpires.

Yorke's abuse analogy is the same as what I was thinking along the lines of.
And then there is the drugs stuff, any and most addicts who want to eradicate that behaviour will have mentoring, therapy, support, will power, desire to change, routines, goals, regrets and power of self will and discipline.
I am far from convinced that Nile is changed sufficiently, or ever will be.

At the end of the day its MM and Rons decision weather he rejoins us, I am sure they will have a good hard look at him...But on his day he is a bloody good player much better than what we have at the moment up top. He must know he is in the last chance saloon if he can knuckle down he has to be worth a gamble if we hope to stay up.

If you look through the prism of "football world" you can see the rational behind this if true. I saw him play several times for us, and when he was up for it, you could see the ability and experience shine through. I'd accept it if it was down to MM to make the decision, as it's his future that is on the line not NR. If he comes here on "thin ice" with no more chances, for no money or little money, on a monthly basis, then maybe it might be worth a "punt". The criminal past is unsavory, however, I remember several former players who have had a prison/criminal history and it's worked out well for us.

It’s all about opinions , but never seen him ‘unplayable’.
Had some decent games and some dross.
Personally I don’t want him back.
The away game against Sheff Utd he was unplayable until he got whacked, he also scored a worldy against Swindon.

If he really has changed and MM is happy with him then I think he's worth a crack.

To put it another way Goodship has a decent attitude off the pitch but has been given so many chances on it yet can't deliver. Ranger can deliver on the pitch, is he worth one more chance off of it?

Thankfully I don't have to make a decision on this one because if I did he would not even be training with us. The bloke carries so much baggage that to even consider re-signing him is absolute madness, lunacy, criminal and anything else which fits the don't sign him again list.

Personally I will struggle to support a club with him in it, yes, I know that sounds dramatic and people will pounce on it - it's called having morals and a social conscience - something he had neither of before and I am more than sure he does not have now.

Rehabbing people through prison is putting people back into society, not the exact role he had before necessarily.

The thing I am finding really perplexing is people thinking he is any good, he was patchy at best before, he hasn't played for ages and we definitely don't have the time luxury of someone getting back up to match fitness but I also know that will be the excuse trotted out every time.

A month ago the conversation I would have thought I'd be able to see from both sides, now it's honestly laughable that we would be the executors of our own downfall, twice, with the same player.

It isn't a Nile Ranger or Goodship question, it's a Nile Ranger and the risk of team turmoil vs whoever else we can build or get in. Weirdly we are in a strong position in January now.

Maybe he's just won a competition to train with a professional side for the day......

When I think of Nile Ranger I think of his first game when he started against Sheffield United away and he was a massive part of us being 3-0 up within 30 mins.

When I think of Nile Ranger I remember a player who took the pi** out of the Club and the fans. His effort and performance away at Bristol Rovers were typical of this fraud.

No other team in the top 120-150 have given him another chance. So no thanks.

I don’t get this ‘championship quality’ he hardly scored 2 goals in the championship and hardly set LG2 on fire.

At 29 he is hardly one for the future.

There are plenty of players in our budget in LG2, Scotland, Ireland or non league that could do a job and would be more deserving of a chance

Back