• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Freddy. All he needs is a manager who shows confidence in him to get the best out of him. Still has the touch which a lot of players at this level can only dream of. It really showed the difference when he went off how our game dropped.

Exactly. Makes difficult things look easy and effortless. I think sometimes that that is what people mistake for laziness.

Have been saying for months that Freddy just needs games. He is, and always will be, a class player.
Games and also people to beleive in his ability, and a set up that works. He doesn't have the speed he had but showed yesterday he can be a game maker and provide that football brain you need in some players.

I hope Fred has a good run in . I think more impetus is going to have to be placed on commercial thissummer in case we get the huge financial strife thats been forecast. Exta money must be attempted to be brought in and of the guys I see I'd say Bilel, Fred and Ryan Leonard would boost commercial in terms of merchandise sales. Get them to a brochure with them in it and maybe advertise around towns to get people aware of the Club. These 3 would be good for the community to attract people to buy merchandise, encourage role modelling which in turn may see a fewextra turn up at games. A start.

Have to admit having read a few of your posts CS, I am very like minded.
I long for the day when either through the success of my business or the euro millions I can turn up at Roots Hall with my swag bag and take things by the scruff of the neck.
There are basic sales and marketing things at our Club which could be done so easily and without great expense ie. the fact that unless you buy a programme at the main gate its too bad - why not have someone on the doors of East Greens/Blacks or a few on the Far Post Bar - simple basics imo.
Before any wise crackers jump in and say that would raise all of a few quid, I know that - I am purely using this as an example to illustrate that there would appear to be very little thought given to basic sales/marketing skills, the same I can only imagine applies to the bigger aspects of the Commercial income of the club?
And yes i know the people who work in the department do their very best under extremely difficult circumstances - it is the people above these who I imagine give the direction and strategy that I would possibly question.

Anyway back on topic - thought Freddy was brilliant yesterday and should have stayed on imo.

Last edited:
I hope Fred has a good run in . I think more impetus is going to have to be placed on commercial thissummer in case we get the huge financial strife thats been forecast. Exta money must be attempted to be brought in and of the guys I see I'd say Bilel, Fred and Ryan Leonard would boost commercial in terms of merchandise sales. Get them to a brochure with them in it and maybe advertise around towns to get people aware of the Club. These 3 would be good for the community to attract people to buy merchandise, encourage role modelling which in turn may see a fewextra turn up at games. A start.

Ryan Leonard ? Really ?

Decent player but hardly one that will be pulling the fans in...

Mohsni isnt even in the squad so cant see how he will even be here and by all accounts has already left.

Leave it out, pathetic comment. With a further year left on his contract, Freddy is not exactly desperate to 'keep his job', he could just see out the last year in theory.

Also, with the wages he picked up at Wolves and Coventry, I doubt whether he is desperate for a buck or two.

Maybe if the previous manager showed the slightest interest in him instead of picking favourites then Freddy may have been different.

Spot on!

His treatment of Freddy was my only criticism of PS (regardless of who signed him)

Will be our main man again next season

Surprised to see so many 8/10s in the game report, he showed quality, but not in the final third.
Considering he was playing right midfield I'd say his contribution in the final third was pretty good, had a couple of shots, one of which was our best of the match and played lots of good passes and crosses to our strikers.

This forum amazes me, yes he's quality and still has class but if Phil Brown doesn't give him a chance (like Sturrock didn't) then he will sit on the side lines and eventually move on, unless he's put up for sale due to his wages before then.

Thankfully Brown likes him and has given him a chance, that's obvious to see and you could see he was working his socks off yesterday, Brown's obviously given everyone a chance to see who he wants and who he doesn't.

Simples

Surprised to see so many 8/10s in the game report, he showed quality, but not in the final third.

this wont be popular , but I agree . He was brilliant -------------compared to how he has played . But to be honest what we saw was for a player of his talent an 'average' game. Lots of chasing down, which really impressed me, and lots of shots - but I don't thin their keeper was overly worried. Has two of the shots that missed by miles tested the keeper, or even gone in , then it would have been a brilliant performance , But as I said , still very positive, and his best game since he has been back

Credit where it's due. Freddy showed a good attitude on Saturday. He showed that he can do it if he wants to. The cynical me says that he's putting in his once a year effort but the manager's not stupid (orange, but not stupid). On the other hand, his shooting was largely wayward and he still looks like a tank but, as others have said, a run of games may sort that out.

Then why on earth did Brown take him off when he was clearly the only one who was able to create anything. He should've taken Britt off who seems to have given up!!

Because, by his own admission, he made a mistake. He's human, these things happen.

Back