• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News New Supporters Group Statement 05/07/23

Why doesn’t the club and trust put on a testimonial game for all the staff to say thank you
Great idea - we can certainly look into it but who knows if it will be necessary in a week's time and with the best will in the world, I'm not sure it could be organised that quickly. We know Roots Hall is not playable yet, hence no home friendly scheduled till the end of the month - are other local clubs going to be hospitable after the way some of them have been treated? Don't know but it certainly is an idea.

Great idea - we can certainly look into it but who knows if it will be necessary in a week's time and with the best will in the world, I'm not sure it could be organised that quickly. We know Roots Hall is not playable yet, hence no home friendly scheduled till the end of the month - are other local clubs going to be hospitable after the way some of them have been treated? Don't know but it certainly is an idea.
Great Wakering Rovers. One of the few clubs we've not upset. In fact we've helped them with a lot of pre-season friendlies, and loaned them them a few young players over the years.

We'll get friendlies ok. The lure of the Southend hordes rocking up to their grounds with dosh in their pockets will convince them into inviting us to their grounds.

Why doesn’t the club and trust put on a testimonial game for all the staff to say thank you
Could get Ron to play up front maybe?

The best way to raise money would be sticking Ron at one of those carnival things where you have to hit a target and then the platform underneath him collapses and he falls into a huge bucket of water. I'd pay good money to do that!

I think it could be branded something else an turn into an annual game where yearly a locally charity is chosen and that charity remains the clubs preferred for the year as an example and brand it something really special to the Borough and city of Southend more like a festival where all funds raised got to the club staff in year one then moving on to local charities in years 2-3 etc

I think it could be branded something else an turn into an annual game where yearly a locally charity is chosen and that charity remains the clubs preferred for the year as an example and brand it something really special to the Borough and city of Southend more like a festival where all funds raised got to the club staff in year one then moving on to local charities in years 2-3 etc
What a jolly good idea.

Spiffing.

I can’t remember if it was fact or SZ fact, but didn’t Ron ask for a testimonial Roots hall costs to be paid for by the player ?
I do know that Ronnie Pountney had to pay to use Roots Hall when he finally had his belated Testimonial back in about 2000. Think some people who worked on it are on SZ so possibly they will know how much it cost them.

Help. I am trying to make a donation to the Hardship fund, but the checkout process seems to be insisting that I live in the UK and doesn't give me a Paypal option. It is entirely possible I am being an idiot, but I can't see how to get round it on the checkout process. Should I just use the generic "donate" option instead?

Back