• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I'm concerned about the vagueness about the phasing. CP will probably have asked, and it doesn't seem like he got a straight answer.

Yep is Phase 2 the higher bit of the Main Stand? But then you would have thought that is the Hotel part of the stadium so why would that need funding from the sale of Roots Hall.

Hopefully we will get more of an idea on Friday/Saturday to find out what Phase 1 & Phase 2 actually mean.

Firstly stadium looks nice, flats in corners but not part of the internal structure so doesnt affect it.

The article is still vague about 3 or 4 sides though.

Reading the article the new stadium is not subject to Roots Hall being sold, but Roots Hall sale IS needed for the phase two of the stadium plans. The article then refers to the old plans where phase 1 was for 3 sides, but it doesnt say whether the new plans are for the same process.

Phase Two plans for the stadium could mean anything, could mean the stadium itself, could mean part of the whole development.

Steve Kavanagh said last week the Stadium would have 4 sides, but did he say when it was opened or was the meaning "eventually".

Who knows.

Agreed, the article is very vague.

From the picture it does look nice and the flats in the corners look nice too. I was expecting some horrible brick buildings.

I would suspect "Phase 2" will be the Main Stand as per previous phasing plan.

The Main Stand will probably cost more than the other 3 sides put together, so bound to be put on the back burner until Sainsbury start building at RH. That is my biggest concern. So whilst we are not reliant on Sainsbury to fund the 3 sides, we are now reliant on British Land to fund the 3 sides and Sainsbury the 4th. So nothing has changed in that sense. But British Land may actually be in a position to "forward fund" the 3 sides, where as Sainsbury aren't. Question is when does the 4th (Main Stand) come along?....How can we survive x years without one?

It does look decent. With us not reliant on sainsbury and having a very decent player behind us I can now see these taking off.

The ball is now in the councils court

Very nice indeed !

Watching the dreadful football league show we were amazed at the vast number of empty seats at the games,Coventry looked the most guilty with parts of their stadium appearing to be closed.

I would prefer us to have 15000 capacity,but hey just my opinion.

The Main Stand will probably cost more than the other 3 sides put together, so bound to be put on the back burner until Sainsbury start building at RH. That is my biggest concern. So whilst we are not reliant on Sainsbury to fund the 3 sides, we are now reliant on British Land to fund the 3 sides and Sainsbury the 4th. So nothing has changed in that sense. But British Land may actually be in a position to "forward fund" the 3 sides, where as Sainsbury aren't. Question is when does the 4th (Main Stand) come along?....How can we survive x years without one?

Probably fair to say 'a buyer of Roots Hall'. Whether that's Sainos or someone else.

Very nice indeed !

Watching the dreadful football league show we were amazed at the vast number of empty seats at the games,Coventry looked the most guilty with parts of their stadium appearing to be closed.

15k wouldn't be big enough, if and when we get into the Championship. Our last outing in the second tier we averaged over 10k and 8 half were Southend fans which (with segregation) you just couldn't get many more home fans in.

I'm convinced, if we get into the Championship, with a nice new ground with good facilities, we'd achieve 11 - 15k and that's not including the big games if we were to play a prem team in the cup eg. We need to be a bit more ambitious as a football club than a 15k seater stadium.

Very nice indeed !

But our new stadium will have 12,000 less seats than Coventry have so it won't look as bad.

We need to be ambitious and if we reach the championship we could get 15,000 each week and maybe nearer the 21,000 mark for big games.

Looks great. I would like to know from Ron if there is a plan to lease out the stadium to music/boxing events. Surely this could be a way to bring in some decent revenue.

Probably fair to say 'a buyer of Roots Hall'. Whether that's Sainos or someone else.

Agreed

This part hasn't been mentioned so far. Lets hope that legally Salisbury's are 'committed' and can't get put of this - unless its with a penalty that Ron is more than happy with

“Where they are contractually committed Sainsbury’s will, I am sure, wish to fulfil their obligations.

“Supporters may have read that Sainsbury’s were planning to purchase Bristol Rovers’ ground. Whilst contracts were exchanged that remained conditional. Sainsbury’s, following a review of their requirement, pulled out and Bristol Rovers sued them and lost.

Looks great. I would like to know from Ron if there is a plan to lease out the stadium to music/boxing events. Surely this could be a way to bring in some decent revenue.

That is the plan yes..... Certainly concerts anyway.

If thats still the plan then why hasnt it been announced as such and why everything so vague. Even the Echo article talks about that being the old plan.

It may well still be the case, which will be a massive disappointment, but so much has changed who knows.

Very nice indeed !

Brighton got 6-7000 a week - First year at new ground average was 20k now they are averaging 27000

Brighton got 6-7000 a week - First year at new ground average was 20k now they are averaging 27000

Slightly different as they were a big club before they lost their ground and their attendance was abnormally low when at the atheltic stadium.

Slightly different as they were a big club before they lost their ground and their attendance was abnormally low when at the atheltic stadium.

Success brings fans. No doubt about it. I struggled to get tickets when we started out in the Championship 10 years ago, and I'm sure others also missed out. I imagine we'd attract crowds in excess of 12,000 if we made it into the Championship again, and if we mad a good fist of our time in the Championship that number could rise by another 5-7K.

We took 30-odd thousand to Wembley for the JPT 2 years ago so it shows we have potential.

I would've thought we would "phase" this similar to MK Dons. Build the stadium fully...then complete the seats around the upper part of the ground.

I would've thought we would "phase" this similar to MK Dons. Build the stadium fully...then complete the seats around the upper part of the ground.

We are building a 1 tier ground though. How would not putting in 10 rows of seats in the ground make any difference?

The phasing is probably linked to the building of the stands. Hope to find out for sure on Friday.

Success brings fans. No doubt about it. I struggled to get tickets when we started out in the Championship 10 years ago, and I'm sure others also missed out. I imagine we'd attract crowds in excess of 12,000 if we made it into the Championship again, and if we mad a good fist of our time in the Championship that number could rise by another 5-7K.

We took 30-odd thousand to Wembley for the JPT 2 years ago so it shows we have potential.

Yes dont disagree with that.

Brighton however doubled their attendance by getting their new ground but there were other factors at play.

I would expect us, if the stadium was built complete, to see a rise in tickets but we wont get anywhere near what the stadium holds, your 12k in the Championship sounds realistic, anything above 14k is hard to imagine though.

21k is over ambitious, Id have said 16-18k would have been ambitious enough.

Back