• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

0007975_premier-training-jsy.jpeg

Just had this through the post, I have to say AVEC have really stepped up the quality this season, as I was very impressed.

you see I'm a geek so I spoke to someone at the firm, they want to produce our kits and mentioned they be tailored made.

HOWEVER

some fool at the club will not allow this (who is this) as Nike sell's which I think fans are beginning to see that the teamwear range is souless, can we have a word at the next fans forum?

up the shrimpers!!!

Who did you speak to at the firm that said they want to make the kit?

I like both kits about the same as I like any football kit. I don't understand all of the negative postings; does anybody buy the shirts because they think they make attractive casual wear?

Just think, we could be wearing Col Ewe's Tesco Bags, or one of Wet Spams' Claret and Blue rags.

Neither do I care whether RM has found a way of making more loot out of the MD logo than the horrible I&G sticker we've had for the last few years or some other firm's logo.

Who did you speak to at the firm that said they want to make the kit?

Some bloke at AVEC, nice fella as I was trying find out who where making the kit, he said they want to make our kits however the club wants Nike, which is a shame as I think Avec is decent.

I like both kits about the same as I like any football kit. I don't understand all of the negative postings; does anybody buy the shirts because they think they make attractive casual wear?

Just think, we could be wearing Col Ewe's Tesco Bags, or one of Wet Spams' Claret and Blue rags.

Neither do I care whether RM has found a way of making more loot out of the MD logo than the horrible I&G sticker we've had for the last few years or some other firm's logo.

I had to play 30 seasons of football manager with a pink kit, it gave me a migraine :smile:

Some bloke at AVEC, nice fella as I was trying find out who where making the kit, he said they want to make our kits however the club wants Nike, which is a shame as I think Avec is decent.

Well of course they do, they'll want to make the kits for every club, thats what they do.

I had to play 30 seasons of football manager with a pink kit, it gave me a migraine :smile:

Well of course they do, they'll want to make the kits for every club, thats what they do.

BUT they make decent kits compared to Nike least they put some loving into it.

BUT they make decent kits compared to Nike least they put some loving into it.

I hate to say it, but in the world of "named brands" and peer group pressure that we live, people (teenagers ..) would rather be seen with a Nike tick on their nipple rather than Avec blazened across it ! You can call me shallow if you like, but in my opinion I deem this to be correct

At this late stage it doesn't matter what AVEC would like to do, nor what some on here may want to happen. The new kit is manufactured by Nike with the club's official blessing. Time to move on I think.

Whether it's got a Nile tick on it or an Avec logo it won't actually make a blind bit of difference to the shirt as it's made in the same factory.

The shade of yellow is ok, the v neck is good, not much wrong with the stripe or the strip in general.:smile:

When did wearing a football shirt with a black line down the side become acceptable? I would have been laughed off the pitch at school with such an outfit.

Brown out! Now!

You would have been laughed off if your football kit wasnt made from wool to be fair. :smile:

Can't believe a thread about a football shirt has 51 pages. Freddie threads don't hold this much interest, though saying that, they are usually closed way before now :smile:

Back