• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New energy tariffs time.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I'm with Eon Next and my 12 month deal finishes on 1st July. There are various fixed priced deals now on the table with them, ranging from £140 per month (cheapest) for a 12 month contract, and two more, around £150 per month, or a two year deal at £158. Do these sort of figures sound reasonable at this time? I'm not too keen to change supplier in case it all goes tits up in the process.

I'm with Eon Next and my 12 month deal finishes on 1st July. There are various fixed priced deals now on the table with them, ranging from £140 per month (cheapest) for a 12 month contract, and two more, around £150 per month, or a two year deal at £158. Do these sort of figures sound reasonable at this time? I'm not too keen to change supplier in case it all goes tits up in the process.
Is that for both Gas & Electricity or just one?. I get my electricity from Eon, pay monthly after submitting the meter reading ( not Smart meter ), which varies between £36-£42 per month.

Is that for both Gas & Electricity or just one?. I get my electricity from Eon, pay monthly after submitting the meter reading ( not Smart meter ), which varies between £36-£42 per month.
For both mate. I'm sitting on around ££350 credit with them at the moment, but with summer coming (supposedly) I won't need a buffer of that size.

I am with OVO and despite having a smart meter i still gave to submit my readings but they recently wrote to me to inform that they were reducing my monthly DD to £120 per month which covers both electric and gas
I think that is a pretty good deal

Reactions: RHB
For both mate. I'm sitting on around ££350 credit with them at the moment, but with summer coming (supposedly) I won't need a buffer of that size.
Better that amount sitting in your account earning interest than in their account earning interest.

Personally I’d try and change from Eon. I’d be another vote for Octopus, I’ve been impressed with them since escaping EDF.

You can also get a £50 credit for joining them with a referral from an existing member (they will also get £50 for referring you so I’m sure you won’t be short of offers from Zoners if you want to go this route). Changing was dead easy.

That only works if I'm not on a fixed monthly tariff, and I prefer the tariff route. Thanks for the advice though.
Y do u want to b on a fixed monthly tariff ,all u r doing is filling the co bank balance !

I am with OVO and despite having a smart meter i still gave to submit my readings but they recently wrote to me to inform that they were reducing my monthly DD to £120 per month which covers both electric and gas
I think that is a pretty good deal
Depends how big your palace is !😇😇😇😇

Y do u want to b on a fixed monthly tariff ,all u r doing is filling the co bank balance !
Not necessarily. I pay fixed amount per month. I'm currently a couple of hundred quid in debt - that will be 0 by around sept, and then will build debt again over winter. They're funding me. And that's by design not accident.

Octopus for me have switched partner and daughter all have benefitted and customer service 10/10
Built up a hefty credit asked for £ 500 back was in bank within five days couldn’t fault them

I'm a vote for Octopus as well. If they was a political party I would put money on it (which seems to be the thing to do at the moment) being a landslide if an election was called.

The smart meter being installed is excellent. Meter readings are sent to the supplier on a monthly basis and u can see how much I have used each month.

Whichever you choose work out how much kWh you have used over a FULL year. Use that to do your own calculations to calculate how much you would pay on a new contract.

The current price cap is forecast to fall by around 7% from 1st July 2024. Then from 1st October 2024 expected to rise by around 12%.

To really play the game with the energy companies work out your yearly consumption and use that to work out your monthly direct debit. Then 1st September ensure your credit with the companies is as close to £0.00 as possible. Then as winter rolls around a debt builds up with the energy companies and then when the warmer months roll around thst debt is then reduced. At No point then should the energy companies have a credit built up for you to eat into.

Keep the money in your account earning interest rather than the energy companies.

Had update email from Octopus with new tariffs as from 1st July, gas and electricity prices down abt 10pct, standing charge for both remain unchanged.

Back