• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Netherlands 1 - 2 England Euros 2024 Semi Final, 10 July 2024

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
And once again we have another pre match thread, this time for the Semi Final. Can we win a game on penalties if necessary? well based on the Switzerland game, yes we can.

Normal pre match stuff here please, and again, the thread will morph into the Official match thread and then the Post Match thread.

This is are year things like this don’t happen to us last minute goals winning on pens Gareth Southgate barny army

Looked better with the 3 at the back but Shaw must come in I think even if only for 60 mins. Guehi back also. I would put Palmer in for Foden who has been the biggest disappointment for England. He just doesn't seem to fit into the system. Netherlands similar really in that they have got to the semi finals without looking great. Certainly not a team to fear.

Honestly we've ridden our luck so much that it feels we're fated to win the whole thing. It still hasn't clicked but there were some signs of improvement today, Netherlands haven't looked great themselves so it could easily go to penalties again.

Looked better with the 3 at the back but Shaw must come in I think even if only for 60 mins. Guehi back also. I would put Palmer in for Foden who has been the biggest disappointment for England. He just doesn't seem to fit into the system. Netherlands similar really in that they have got to the semi finals without looking great. Certainly not a team to fear.
I thought Konsa played well

I actually woke up around 215am ish and listened to last few mins and pens. The semi is a 3am KO for me it may just happen if I can get be bed around 8pm. The final, should we make it, is also 3am on a Monday morning for me. That wouldn’t be a problem.it doesn’t matter how we got here but we are here. Time to park any criticisms.

Exactly as above. England haven’t played great but they’ve got to the SF’s for the 3rd time in the last 4 major tournaments. Let’s maybe support them now rather than pile on the negative criticism. If we go out so be it, no doubt some on here will be saying the Netherlands are a better team, we’ll get smashed blah blah.

I watched all the quarter final games and I honestly don't think that any of the winners played to their true capabilities. So it's game on for whoever lifts themselves up a gear, hopefully that will be England. I've never had any problems about the side's resilience, nor, now, about taking penalties. Bring on the cloggers and their orange supporters.

Think i saw on tv that our record since 1997, playing the cloggers is really awful..think it was played 9 times only won one...lets make wednesday won two

That 1996 victory was something special though
That summer was my favourite ever. I can’t believe it was 28 years ago. I was almost at eye level with Pearce when he ran to the crowd after his Spain pen. It was hot is was clear blue skies and most of it was an alcoholic blur!

Here's one for you guys and gals. Harry Kane, start him against Netherlands, or not? My own view is that he suits teams like Spurs and Bayern because they fed or feed him all the time. We are hardly making any chances for him, so he starts dropping back as he wants to be involved, then a breakaway happens by Saka for example, and the cross comes in, and Kane is still catching up and too far behind the ball. This set up and tactics does not suit Kane. He's hardly getting fed. He's also looking sluggish after a long hard season. I would start the faster more mobile Watkins, if not, then of course Toney. Kane can come on with 20 minutes to go.

Here's one for you guys and gals. Harry Kane, start him against Netherlands, or not? My own view is that he suits teams like Spurs and Bayern because they fed or feed him all the time. We are hardly making any chances for him, so he starts dropping back as he wants to be involved, then a breakaway happens by Saka for example, and the cross comes in, and Kane is still catching up and too far behind the ball. This set up and tactics does not suit Kane. He's hardly getting fed. He's also looking sluggish after a long hard season. I would start the faster more mobile Watkins, if not, then of course Toney. Kane can come on with 20 minutes to go.
I was thinking the same. Roll him on for the last 20-25 mins, when teams are tiring. Especially as it's in a few days time

Before the tournament started I would have said Bellingham/Foden/Kane were our dream team... but now I think this lies with Mainoo/Palmer/Saka

Either way, think Southgate has fluked this whole thing, and needs to bring on subs to be proactive rather than reactive. Hell, what do I know but I'm going for an England Vs. Spain final 🤞

I would imagine semi finals were most fans expectations for the tournament - so target met. It's a results business and Southgate has got results (and not just at this tournament)

Kane, or no Kane, he's a bit of an enigma isn't he? There is no doubt in my mind that he is light years ahead of the other players in terms of finishing skills inside the penalty area, but can he get into the positions necessary to do that? I reckon he can, and there is no doubt the Southgate will start him unless injury prevents it. Maybe only do an hour, but start he will.

Gosh i think UEFA have left themselves open to ridicule with the match officials they haveannounced for this game everyone of them German including the var official , the ref having a dubious past and Bellingham speaking about his past and getting fined by the powers that be for it. Seriously if theres some very dubious decisions made in this match i believe all hell could break loose in Germany . Weve already had Prince William fighting with German supporters , Willys a lad good on him .The ref has already officiated at least one Netherlands match and a couple of others from the same pool the Netherlands were in i believe.

Gosh i think UEFA have left themselves open to ridicule with the match officials they haveannounced for this game everyone of them German including the var official , the ref having a dubious past and Bellingham speaking about his past and getting fined by the powers that be for it. Seriously if theres some very dubious decisions made in this match i believe all hell could break loose in Germany . Weve already had Prince William fighting with German supporters , Willys a lad good on him .The ref has already officiated at least one Netherlands match and a couple of others from the same pool the Netherlands were in i believe.
Yeah they've left themselves wide open for criticism and the ref will be under even more pressure

Back